post neuter behavior

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jujub793

Reaction score
this past friday, Walter, my dwarf/mini lop (not sure which)
was neutered. He's apprx a year and a half old and he was a rescue of sorts..... anyway today while i was sitting on the floor with him he kept trying to hump my leg. Not just
one time but numerous times. I had to firmly pull him away. How long will he continue doing this? He never really did that before the neuter, he would just follow me everywhere and run circles around me. :?

It can take 4-6 weeks for hormones to fully make their way out of a rabbit's system after a neuter. They can still impregnate a female for several weeks after a neuter as, so they should be kept away from unspayed does for 3-4 weeks after a neuter.

You may start seeing behaviour improvements after two weeks though. So hang in there, he should stop soon.

-Dawn

Glad to hear my bunny is not the only one who tries to hump people!! He loves my right arm... not my left, specifically my right! Bless him! He just got neutered last Friday and is starting to calm down a little bit now

Latest posts

Back