Post dental care

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howard cordingley

Reaction score
Hi everyone hope you are all well. I just wondered if you can share experiences when your bunny has had dental treatment and their recovery afterwards. My rabbit has his teeth filed Down today and I collected him at 4-30. It is now 9.00 a d he’s still sleeping showing no interest in anything. I’m keeping him warm and have his food in his dishes. Is there anything more I can do? I know it’s important to get him eating Asap. Just concerned

Maybe feed him some of his favourite food (banana, strawberry, or whatever) and if he eats those (hopefully he will) sprinkle some more very small pieces throughout his hay. That might help. Maybe try to lightly squish the fruit so it won’t be so hard in his mouth. If your trying to feed him pellets, maybe try to mix a little (not much at all) water into his pellets to make them just a bit softer.

Maybe feed him some of his favourite food (banana, strawberry, or whatever) and if he eats those (hopefully he will) sprinkle some more very small pieces throughout his hay. That might help. Maybe try to lightly squish the fruit so it won’t be so hard in his mouth. If your trying to feed him pellets, maybe try to mix a little (not much at all) water into his pellets to make them just a bit softer.
Hi Madelyn thank you for your reply due to his age we think he 10/11 and he history of dental problems he has good quality pellets daily softened in warm water. He was a rescue so not sure of his past but never eats hay. He’s chirped up when I got my doe out and she licked his face a few times which has helped. I’ve put him back in his cage with to warm bottles under his fleece and her cage pushed up to his. Hopefully he will be better tomorrow. Thanks again he does like a grape a day.

Your welcome! I hope he will be fine! You’ve been taking great care of him for him to be as old as he is and also for him to be as lively as he is! Keep up the hard work! 😊

Latest posts

Back