Possibly licked some penicillin residue?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BentleyBun

Reaction score
Have Bentley his injection today and I noticed that a tiny bit leaked out(did not see any white but did feel a tiny bit of wetness) I wiped it with my hands and quickly went to get a wet towel to wipe him off but when I came back he already started to lick. I quickly stopped him and clean him thoroughly and dried him off using a hair dryer. Is a lick of residue enough to cause severe diarrhea??

Edit. The injection was for penicillin which is why I’m terrified

Last edited:
Probably not. A tiny bit shouldn't be enough to throw the gut out of balance. But when doing pen g injections, I've found it's a good idea to stop all high carb/sugar treats, and make sure the diet is heavy on a good grass hay with some hard stalks in it for the indigestible fiber. Indigestible fiber helps regulate a rabbits gut movement and keep the healthy bacteria from getting out of balance. And keep a close eye out for any poop changes.

Thank you @JBun honestly you have helped me so much this past week! He’s been eating a lot of hay lately. Like more than he used to before he got the abscess so I’ll make sure to continue to encourage it.

Latest posts

Back