Possible rabbit breed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scoottie

Reaction score
I am looking to possibly figure out the breed of my perspective rabbit bun.jpg

Attachments

• bun2.jpg
    bun2.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 7
How much does he/She weigh? It looks almost like a dwarf but I can be sure. It is a beautiful rabbit though!

Ok so he looks like a Netherland dwarf harlequin mix. I am not positive but that's my best guess based on the size and coat.

Also I have another question he isn't neutered and not territorial in fact he loves to cuddle according to the old owner is there any reason that I cant just leave him intact.

No, personally none of my 8 rabbits (4 boys and 4 girls) are fixed, they are all super friendly. around the one year mark they can have an attitude change... that could be anything from getting agressive to being even more cuddly. I think he might not have hit that yet, but he will be fine either way. Just have lots of patience and love and he will be just fine!

No, personally none of my 8 rabbits (4 boys and 4 girls) are fixed, they are all super friendly. around the one year mark they can have an attitude change... that could be anything from getting agressive to being even more cuddly. I think he might not have hit that yet, but he will be fine either way. Just have lots of patience and love and he will be just fine!
After my first rabbit if he stays cuddly its a win

Oh, I'm sorry. I wish to the best of luck! Even if he changes with some time you can regain his trust, then he will probably become cuddly again If he turns for the worse.

He's not full Netherlands ears are too long, probably just mix I have a similar pattern girl but she's not white and black it's harlequin and as he's fluffy I would say he had some lionheads in his family and probably dwarfs. He's a very beautiful boy. If he's 10 months old and still sweet he might stay sweet for ever, well if you will get a girl he might change dramatically.
I see no need in neutering if you are not going to bond him

He's not full Netherlands ears are too long, probably just mix I have a similar pattern girl but she's not white and black it's harlequin and as he's fluffy I would say he had some lionheads in his family and probably dwarfs. He's a very beautiful boy. If he's 10 months old and still sweet he might stay sweet for ever, well if you will get a girl he might change dramatically.
I see no need in neutering if you are not going to bond him
Thank you. No im not going to bond him he will have the run of my room.

I didnt even think of lion head! He definitely has lion head in him, that's what I was missing!

Thank you. No im not going to bond him he will have the run of my room.
You shouldn't have problems then. Usually rabbits start acting as teenagers around 3-5 months of age it could be quite challenging they hump everything, spray urine all over walls and pee/poo on you and everywhere marking their territory, rattle their cage etc, so they are getting neutered in hope they will stop doing all that, also if there are other rabbits around. Some boys calm down when they are about one year old (some still going crazy time to time). But some rabbits are naturally very calm, especially if there are no other rabbits around and they don't need to show their dominance nor protect their territory by peeing in all corners.

Latest posts

Back