Possible pregnant holland lop.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SRT8990

Reaction score
Hi all! So my holland lop is possibly pregnant due to a witnessed fall off. It’s day 19 since then. I did read online about some signs because I didn’t try to palate because he really doesn’t let me do more then pet her and I’ve never palpated a bun. What were the signs your bun showed when pregnant around this time? She definitely seems uneasy about me in the cage cleaning sometimes, she’s digging like crazy in the litter box(she was digging when I got her but more so now.) to the point she’s knocking litter out of the litter box. I wouldn’t say she’s been aggressive or anything yet. She is laying down more so than she did before. But sometimes it’s like she actually comes for pets now? Can that be a thing? I can’t tell if she’s gained weight really, what would her belly feel like at this point? Here’s some pictures of her, please don’t mind the cage as she keeps knocking out litter. So please tell me your buns signs of pregnancy and if you have felt the does belly at this point would it feel different?

Attachments

• 417BC871-5532-4CF2-AD13-BC13147161C2.jpeg
    417BC871-5532-4CF2-AD13-BC13147161C2.jpeg
    968 KB · Views: 0
  • 06F1BDB3-B70D-4350-A890-0640A34F9C71.jpeg
    06F1BDB3-B70D-4350-A890-0640A34F9C71.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 19788085-1DE1-4841-858A-E6E37BF18319.jpeg
    19788085-1DE1-4841-858A-E6E37BF18319.jpeg
    285.7 KB · Views: 0
The hormones can cause uncharacteristic changes of behavior, like a grumpy doe suddenly becoming sweet and friendly. Or like my doe, a normally sweet doe turning into a holy terror. With my doe, I knew for sure when she was flopped out the last week of pregnancy and I saw unmistakable movement in her belly.

I would definitely discourage against trying to palpate. Without having experience doing it, you're unlikely to be able to tell anything, plus you also could risk harming the fetuses.

The hormones can cause uncharacteristic changes of behavior, like a grumpy doe suddenly becoming sweet and friendly. Or like my doe, a normally sweet doe turning into a holy terror. With my doe, I knew for sure when she was flopped out the last week of pregnancy and I saw unmistakable movement in her belly.

I would definitely discourage against trying to palpate. Without having experience doing it, you're unlikely to be able to tell anything, plus you also could risk harming the fetuses.
I definitely didn’t plan on palpating. Just more so curious if her belly would start getting hard or anything at this time now being day 20 as of today. Haha that is crazy about your doe though, as much as I read I was waiting for her to be mean. But she isn’t towards me yet anyway…but definitely flops around more and she’s a loaf type more so lol. I will be putting a nestbox in at day 28 atleast and keeping an eye out. Very anxious to know if babies are coming though. When did you see baby movement in your does belly? Closer to birth?

I definitely didn’t plan on palpating. Just more so curious if her belly would start getting hard or anything at this time now being day 20 as of today. Haha that is crazy about your doe though, as much as I read I was waiting for her to be mean. But she isn’t towards me yet anyway…but definitely flops around more and she’s a loaf type more so lol. I will be putting a nestbox in at day 28 atleast and keeping an eye out. Very anxious to know if babies are coming though. When did you see baby movement in your does belly? Closer to birth?
And did they come??

Latest posts

Back