possible pregnant bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
she got out yesterday, not sure how long she was out of her area. if she did give birth outside, if i let her out, will she go to the babies?
just thinking it could be possible and she is getting milk from her nipples

Does it look like she pulled fur? She will have patches of skin were she pulled fur, I would think they are outside if she has pulled fur and made a nest for them outside

she got out yesterday, not sure how long she was out of her area. if she did give birth outside, if i let her out, will she go to the babies?

Maybe, maybe not - some does do not go anywhere near the nest as long as someone's watching, rarely, others activly defend the nest. Not all does pull so much fur that it's noticeable. Worth a try if you think she already kindled. Should be noticeable on her belly size if it wasn't a quite small litter. Is she still nesting?
Anyway, what she needs is food, rest and privacy, as little meddling as possible. Don't stress her out and confuse her with a vet visit if there isn't a reason.
Offer her lots of hay as nesting material, if she doesn't accept the nest box put a pile where she is nesting.

Do a thorough search anyway and keep an eye on her. Does she know that area, did she get out there regularily? I had my fair share of surprises ;)
https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threads/nest-in-tunnel-pictures.98176/
Good luck

just thinking it could be possible and she is getting milk from her nipples
I would say leave her alone for now in a little while go outside and just look and if you see anything don’t disturb it unless mom allows you

she hasn’t had any babies yet, so i don’t think she was pregnant. i put her back out with my other girl, and she was ok for a little while, but then started humping her. she’s not fighting with her. but she is still aggressive towards me, i felt her belly and i swear something jabbed me. But i don’t know what i’m feeling. She hasn’t pulled any fur, still digging in the corner.
if she was/is pregnant this is all new to me, she was a surprise, but was kinda excited. So a little sad she isn’t 😂

I would still not be sure. One of mine kindles consistently on day 35. Quite often they pull fur just right in time.

My bunny made a nest 30 minutes before and I didn’t think she wa a pregnant because of that. And then I saw she had started and 30 mins later BOOM babies😂

Some does deliver up to 5-6 days late so don’t stress:) I know how it feel with your first litter😂 my bunnies first litter is only 3 days old! There are two pretty tiny ones and one got out of the nest before food time so hoping the lil guy will be alright:( but mom should probably feed them again soon:)

Some does deliver up to 5-6 days late so don’t stress:) I know how it feel with your first litter😂 my bunnies first litter is only 3 days old! There are two pretty tiny ones and one got out of the nest before food time so hoping the lil guy will be alright:( but mom should probably feed them again soon:)
aw that’s so cute 🥰 i hope he will be too

a little, it was a whoopsie litter if she had one, but near the end i was getting excited for them

Latest posts

Back