Possible kit colors?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BirdBuns

Reaction score
Hello! I am not sure if I am going to breed rabbits or not, still doing lots of research to make sure I actually want to breed rabbits. But, I was just curious about possible kit colors from my two rabbits

Female rabbit (named Pigeon): I was told she was lion head and holland lop mix but doesn’t seem to have loped ears (although she is only 3 months old). 270AA97B-A0EB-4482-A0B3-997758BE9A4D.jpeg
The male rabbit (named puffin) is a purebred holland lop rabbit. I am not 100% sure about their coat names since I am still learning, any help and advice is appreciated!
2F692619-71E4-481B-9BF9-8A3286022061.jpeg

The kits would not be show quality, correct? Since they would not be purebred? I was told they were both dwarfs as well.

thanks!

I heard that if you breed two broken pattern rabbits, 50% of their kits will be broken, 25% will be solid and 25% will be Charlie. Is this correct?

will all of their kits be white, black or gray? Or is it possible for them to have different colors? Puffin (the Holland lop) had a sibling with a broken pattern of light brown and black. Pigeon (the lion head) had siblings that appeared to be solid grayish brown. Does that make it possible for the kits to have those colors?

After further research on breeding rabbits and about rabbit genetics, I have decided that I am not going to breed my two rabbits since I don’t know anything about their genetic history and any possible issues that may be passed down to the kits.

I thought I would include the forum that provides great information on how to breed correctly for anyone else wanting to breed rabbits:
https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threa...-history-or-conformation-when-breeding.76678/

Latest posts

Back