Possible Confirmed breed now?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noirberrie

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I posted maybe 2-3 months ago asking about my bunnys breed..

and i figured he has grown a little more..so it could be a bit easier for someone to help

I expected him to be a little bigger now.

Will he get much bigger?

Hes about 6-7 months

http://i48.tinypic.com/2crome1.jpg

Sorry for the flash photo but his coat looks so nice and shiny with it :)

That is SOO not a mini rex. For one thing the wiskers are strait and not curly (like a mini rex). The coat is all wrong as well.

As for what breed it is I do not have a clue other than it is not a mini rex or a rex.

Looks like it could be a Havana or Havana mix? I don't know I'm usually bad at guessing breeds especially since every picture of a fawn rabbit I see I think that it looks like Phoenix LOL...

I was leaning to Havana also. Very cute. Shold be near the end of growth at that age--the larger buns wind up at a year while the smaller breeds finish growth at six months. By larger I'm thinking Flemmish and Checkered Giants.

The breeds I am thinking of are:
Brittania petite 2.5lbs (although much of them get bigger maybe 3lbs max and those are usually brood does, the head is whats making me think brit)
Havana 6.5lbs (I have not seen many havanas in person but i could see the mix)
Polish 3.5lbs (definitely not a show quality polish as the ears are way too long and the head is much to narrow)

A weight would be awesome but i've listed the max weights of each of these. Also it could be none of these and you might never know.

Havanas aren't particularly popular or common as pets, so I would be surprised if he was a Havana. That isn't to say that he couldn't be, but it wouldn't be my first guess for a bunny with an unknown background.

He is most likely a mix. None of his characteristics are really obvious enough to know what breeds for sure, in my opinion. :)

Looks a little like a Polish, but also closely resembles Dwarf Hotot x Mini Rex mixes we had. Also looks like a black Mini Satin we used to have. Could be just about anything, but I agree that it's not a Mini Rex. I also agree that it really doesn't appear to be a Havana either. Kwowing the rabbit's weight would help.

He looks like a pet shop mix to me, no particular breed and probably quite a few mixed in. You could probably pick out characteristics from quite a few .. bit of a lionhead shape to his bum, mini lop ish feet, perhaps a bit of english in the ears and dutch in the face.

The colour could be from anything, a lot of breeds include black self and it's common in crosses even in breeds that don't e.g. cross a dutch rabbit and some of the offspring can be one colour all over.

So basically, it's like having a bit of everything - the best type of bunny you can get :)

You never really know. We got Serena from a shelter and were told she was an English Spot. She was 7 pounds and very skinny and turned out to be a young Checkered Giant--she now tips the scale at 19 pounds, 2 ounces. That's the problem with rescues--you don't know the background, so a guess is just that and sometimes no more.

Definitely not a Mini Rex. I would say you've got your self a fine mixed breed rabbit. Exactly a mix of what...who knows.Just love him and raise him, they don't have to be a specific breed to be loved.

Latest posts

Back