Poops smaller than normal?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yaya8a

Reaction score
I have the habit of checking my rabbits poop daily just to make sure everything is looking ok. This morning during my normal cleaning routine I noticed some poops out of the litter that were MUCH smaller than her usual poops. It was about 3 of them just scattered but really small. Should I be concerned? This morning she ate her normal veggies and pellets just fine and even her digestive tablet I give her daily. I’m just concerned because I’ve never seen poops that small before & I know they can be a bad sign. She is taking her normal afternoon nap and haven’t noticed anything else out of the norm. I’m still concerned though because I know she doesn’t eat enough hay compared to other bunnies. Anyone else’s bunnies have this issue? Also should I get rid of pellets and increase greens? What do you do in this situation? Thanks in advance!

My bun has had problems with his cecotropes and due to this I am extra attentive to his poops. It is totally normal to have a few poops smaller here and there. Like @JBun said above, if it becomes a consistent issue or they continue to get smaller consistently then there could be blockage or some other issue. Just keep an eye on it for now, but having 3 smaller poops out of the rest is not cause for huge concern.

If your bun is eating a large amount of hay along with her pellets, drinking water, pooping, and eating majority of her cecotropes, most likely it is just a tough day on her belly :) . Just keep an eye out and you should be fine!

Latest posts

Back