Poops not going back to normal

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haru the Lionhead

Reaction score
Hello guys, haru’s poops has been in all shapes and forms for a few days now, she’s eating, flopping, and doing binkies and zoomies so I don’t think that it’s bothering her. I stopped giving her veggies and pellets, she’s only eating hay and drinking water, I also gave her gas drops, and it’s not going back to normal, what else can i do? I don’t think that i can take her to a vet since there’s no emergencies now, and appointments are full..
Also, she went to the vet last week and she was okay

How many days has she been on just hay and water for? It can take a few days before you’ll see the benefits in her poops.

I’m not sure that gas drops will make a difference to her droppings, so unless she’s gassy, they would not be needed. The stress of being given them may actually have a negative effect (unless she enjoys them, but I don’t think a lot of buns do).

How many days has she been on just hay and water for? It can take a few days before you’ll see the benefits in her poops.

I’m not sure that gas drops will make a difference to her droppings, so unless she’s gassy, they would not be needed. The stress of being given them may actually have a negative effect (unless she enjoys them, but I don’t think a lot of buns do).
Ditto, giving gas drops unless she's on a gassy bout won't yield any good results, luckily it isn't directly harmful either.
If they like it or not, depends on the bun. Musti liked the simethicone, Lümi likes it too-it is somewhat sweet to them, i guess. Storm will not like it though. So it is potluck with that.
As for wonky poops, Musti used to have pretty severe runny stools, and i persuaded mum to stop giving everything. He was on hay-water-lil'bil'pellets diet for a week, and his poos became more normalish after about 3-4 days, of course his case was severe so i could see the changes sooner. If the problem lies within her diet, it will show improvements in a few days.
Hope that she gets better soon!

Latest posts

Back