pooping

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmaskye

Reaction score
we've had our bunny for quite some time now, he knows to pee in the litter box but CANNOT seem to grasp the pooping. it has become quite annoying, there is always poop everywhere else in the cage but not in the litter box. Furthermore, I find that he saves his poop for when he is able to come out of his cage.... By this, I mean he poops so much right when we let him out of the cage... and it seems he never poops in the cage, only outside while on the carpeted floor in my basement.. Does he think that he's supposed to poop outside of the cage and while he's on our carpet? any help would be greatly appreciated as this has been very annoying to deal with...

I just saw this on the internet "It is very common for rabbits to poop in small amounts in their housing enclosure outside of the litter box for territorial reasons. Also, sometimes poop may be kicked out when the rabbit jumps from their litter box. ... The cause for this varies, but in many cases can be solved by spaying or neutering an intact rabbit."

I also have the same situation as yours but it was outside the litter box, he rarely poops outside of his cage. It was also annoying for me, it makes sense since he is not neutered.

You can also try putting the litter box slowly to the place where he poops often outside his cage and scoop his poops then put it in the litter box, rabbits tend to poop everywhere or find a spot to go tot he bathroom when they have a large space to roam around or just some territorial reasons as what Google said.

Latest posts

Back