Pooping territorially!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lilbleu11221

Reaction score
Advice needed! 6 month old male dwarf lop, neutered in May. Our bunny Bleu is pooping excessively still around certain areas of the house. Always in the same spots. We have tried several things to get him to stop. I thought this would change after neutering, but no. He is pooping only in the same locations, so we figured putting a litter box there would do the trick. He just poops around, behind, or a few feet away from it. We pulled back on his free roam and have confined him back to only one room for over 2 months. He still gets through the dog gate sometimes and immediately goes back to those pooping areas. I’ve tried spraying the floor with vinegar/water, Pet Block, and nothing seems to deter him from that area. I’m assuming he’s “marked it” and is being stubborn? He’s a little stinker, full of sass! Please advise with additional tips and ideas, I’ll try anything. It’s only been a little over a month since he was fixed, so maybe it will get better?

Attachments

• ECA3DB9B-7423-4657-8343-BBC2FE3507E8.jpeg
    ECA3DB9B-7423-4657-8343-BBC2FE3507E8.jpeg
    210.3 KB · Views: 2
Give him more time. It can take 8 weeks for the hormones to completely fade after a neuter. So this marking behavior could still be due to hormones.

If after that time he's still doing it, the primary reason could be if you have other pets in the house. And with those different smells to compete with, he could feel the need to stake his claim as well. One thing you could try is some small fleece blanket scraps with his smell all over them. Put those in the areas where he's leaving marking piles and see if having his smell already there on a blanket, alleviates his need to mark further.

Latest posts

Back