Pooping on the couch

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenni

Reaction score
Gretchen is very good about using her litterbox. The only place she poops out of her box or cage is onthe couch though!!!!

I don't know what to do! Please advise.

She has not been spayed yet and it's getting to be time forthat. I don't want to put a litter box on thecouch. I am afraid that would teach her to go there--andplus, its a little wierd.

She loves the couch. She does binkys on it. My dogand hubby sit on the couch and she jumps up there to see them and getpets and licks. She is probably claiming it for herterrority, but how do I get her to stop?

IMG_4079.jpg

I've read a lot of the litter training threads already. I still don't know what to do.

My first suggestion would be to get her spayed.From what I've read, spaying will help her retain her litter box habitsand keep her more faithful to them.

Other than putting a box on the couch or in some other place in theroom and teaching her to use that when she's out, you may have todissuade her from getting on the couchor get used to cleaningup her presents.

It sounds to me as if she is marking the couch as her territory. Hope this helps.

Blyre

Perhaps putting a litter box on that side of theroom, next to the couch will help. That way shecanfeel like she is marking the area?

I need to get her spayed but I probably won't be able to do it for a few months.

I told my hubby it would be best to keep her off the couch for awhile,and that he can pet her on the floor. He didn't like thatidea. It's funny, but he spoils her like crazy!Maybe I can convince him. He doesn't like the pooping either.

Could you put a tarp over the couch while she'sout? It might discourage her from going up because it feelsfunny. It would also keep your couch clean.:D

I mentioned this in another thread, but I thought I'd mention here since this is the one I started on the topic.

Today, Gretchen has gone from pooping to peeing on the couch!! YUCK!

I really need to get her spayed. I will be doing that soonand thought about doing it within the next few weeks. But Iknow that the behavior doesn't stop overnight.

I think the best plan is to keep her off of the furniture.

Does anyone else have experience with how to do this.Nasturestee suggested using a tarp. I am going to get onetomorrow. Anymore suggestions?

Hi

I had the same problem with mine pooping on the couch and then thatstopped with spaying. Then both of them started peeing on the couchwhich I meant I had to put acover on(I had to buyone of those incontinence things for covering matresses) and keep itthere for ages and they eventually stopped going.

Also i sprayed the couch with febrezeantibacterial and theyhavent been back there since, maybe just a coincidence but worth a try.

ND

Latest posts

Back