Pooping in food bowls

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katnanw

Reaction score
Is there anyway to stop my babies from pooping in their glass rabbit bowl? Apart from getting a smaller one cuz they can't fit their head inside for the food :(

mine do this too :s well they mainly put their food and hay into their bowl lol idk why!
have your buns got a place they usually go potty? like a corner they do it in with sawdust or maybe a litter box?
if not this could be why but if they do have one maybe there are just pushing their cage around and some has ended up in their food, this is what mine tend to do often.
rabbits do poo random places here and there even if litter trained so idk if this is a regular thing or not but if not it's probably a one off!

sorry i've not been more help as idk what to suggest really cos mine do it too!

Tutter wrote:
mine do this too :s well they mainly put their food and hay into their bowl lol idk why!
have your buns got a place they usually go potty? like a corner they do it in with sawdust or maybe a litter box?
if not this could be why but if they do have one maybe there are just pushing their cage around and some has ended up in their food, this is what mine tend to do often.
rabbits do poo random places here and there even if litter trained so idk if this is a regular thing or not but if not it's probably a one off!

My rabbits are young but I'm proud to say they're 99% toilet trained ;) (lil accidents happen but nobody's perfect XD) well I've had people telling to me to get blahblahblah and what not but I don't want to waste the money plus my bowl is still quite new /:

katnanw wrote:
Tutter wrote:

My rabbits are young but I'm proud to say they're 99% toilet trained ;) (lil accidents happen but nobody's perfect XD) well I've had people telling to me to get blahblahblah and what not but I don't want to waste the money plus my bowl is still quite new /:

i know how you mean
money is tight here too
idk what to suggest hun looks like most rabbits do this!
must be a rabbit thing :biggrin:

Mine randomly poo's in her bowl too...but she only does it when the bowl is empty...i guess shes telling me to fill her bowl with food or shes gonna fill it herself :laugh:

Hey everyone thanks for the replies :) but I've searched google and it seems like the only way is to get a smaller bowl, a feeder or just keep cleaning up after them. >.< heehee but since they're so cute ... :eek:hwell: ;)

Latest posts

Back