Pooping EVERYWHERE!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lulubooboo

Reaction score
Hey all!!!!!

I just moved my buns inside, and my one, Puddles, is pooping everywhere! Is he just trying to mark his territory? He is fixed and lives with my other bun, Lulu and they are very well bonded. I can tell it's him because he has smaller, darker poops than Lulu. His poops have been like that since we got him.

Any thoughts on what to do about it? He isn't peeing, which I'm very thankful for, but it is annoying to have to clean up all the poops every day. Thanks for your answers!!

Territorial poos. If you can bear with it, leave them there until the end of the day. If you are too fastidious cleaning them up, he may feel the need to mark more. It should settle down in time.

Territorial poos. If you can bear with it, leave them there until the end of the day. If you are too fastidious cleaning them up, he may feel the need to mark more. It should settle down in time.
Just curious, how much time? It's been 3 days, and he hasn't quit.

Depends. If they were being swept up right away, it could prolong the time. Each rabbit can be different in when they no longer feel the need to mark territory.

Hey all!!!!!

I just moved my buns inside, and my one, Puddles, is pooping everywhere! Is he just trying to mark his territory? He is fixed and lives with my other bun, Lulu and they are very well bonded. I can tell it's him because he has smaller, darker poops than Lulu. His poops have been like that since we got him.

Any thoughts on what to do about it? He isn't peeing, which I'm very thankful for, but it is annoying to have to clean up all the poops every day. Thanks for your answers!!
I’m not sure if it works but I’ve read that if you confine them to a smaller space with their litter box being the majority of the space (temporarily of course) it could help reinforce the litter habits. Maybe you could try that?

I’m not sure if it works but I’ve read that if you confine them to a smaller space with their litter box being the majority of the space (temporarily of course) it could help reinforce the litter habits. Maybe you could try that?
Their area is already fairly small. It was originally just a three day thing while the outside temps were in the single digits, but then I realized that I could keep them inside and give them more room. Here's what their enclosure looks like right now. All those poops are from all day yesterday and last night.

Attachments

• 1613315770538799995943738310103.jpg
    1613315770538799995943738310103.jpg
    437.3 KB · Views: 12
Their area is already fairly small. It was originally just a three day thing while the outside temps were in the single digits, but then I realized that I could keep them inside and give them more room. Here's what their enclosure looks like right now. All those poops are from all day yesterday and last night.

Yea that’s a lot of poop! Sorry maybe it’s just the adjustment & it will improves! 🙏🏻

Latest posts

Back