poop stuck underneath tail

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopandpee

Reaction score
Hi, just joined today and an array of questions :(
I picked up my bunny today and noticed he had dried poop stuck underneath his tail. I read not to bath rabbits but I tried to wipe it off with a towel but it won't budge.
The colour just looks like his normal poop squished. Should I take her to the vet?

She does have weak back legs so her grooming is not the best, her but and legs were quite yellow when I first got her too but I was hoping it would shed off in time.

gave her a butt bath and water was quite dirty.. she is sooooo mad at me right now :/

You can give her a bum bath and use a mild dish soap. You can also wet the bum and use starch, let the starch dry and brush it out. Many that have white bunnies and try to get urine out from the paws for shows use this trick.

You can make your bunny eat food/treats while taking a bum bath and they will often be calmer.

thanks Hermelin, I did the vinegar/starch trick and got some yellow off her tail and bum, couldn't do the legs as I didn't want to stress her out too much today. At least she doesn't smell anymore haha, maybe in a couple of weeks, I'll attempt her backlegs

Latest posts

Back