Poop Question -- with picture

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PupTheRabbit

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have noticed that Pup's poop is tiny and dark, while Luna's is a bit bigger and light brown. They both eat lots and lots of hay. The only thing is, Luna drinks much more than Pup. I feed them both cilantro, romaine lettuce, escarole, and some times parsley.

Here is the pic. Luna's is on the bottom and Pup's is on the top. Could there be something wrong with Pup? Please help! I am a worried mama!

20140531_165536.jpg

Looks normal to me. As long as his diet is good and his poops are firm and well-formed, variations in size/colour shouldn't be anything to worry about. My boy does big poops like Luna, and my girl does many many little dark poops, she can cover her cage in them in no time. And they're both healthy and active. :)

Both look pretty normal to me too....
Boomer's look more like the bigger poop and lighter in colour too like that. but his diet is full of dark greens, herbs and weeds as well as unlimited hay and pellets. when he eats lots of carrots and rich food his poops go darker and smaller and slightly wetter.

Is pup a smaller rabbit? I think the poos look normal but if you have water bottles you could encourage pup to drink more water by putting a bowl of water in with him —with a little fresh juice from something like squeezed fresh pineapple (just enough to flavor the water a tiny bit). He will probably drink more and then you could see if there is any change in his poo.

Seems totally fine to me. I noticed this exact same thing with my two. Pippins were large quite crumbly and light. Benjis were small, dark and hard. Having said that though, since iv changed bens diet (no pellets, just hay and a dog bowl of at least 8 types of veg, his poos have become large and light, and he always eats his caecals, which he often didn't before

Jen

Latest posts

Back