Poop machine!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phinnsmommy

Reaction score
Well I usually bring Phinn in to play and sit on the dining room table, because it has two long benches as seats.

Well about a week ago, Phinn started pooping ALOT on the seats. Pretty much in the same spot, every time. And im not talking about a couple little poops, like HUGE mounds. Its like he saves his poop for the seats!

Then if I bring him downstiars for run around time, he won't poop at all...

How can I get him to stop? I dont want the seats to start smelling like bunny poop!

Sounds like he's marking and I don't think you can get him to stop. I don't think bunny poop smells:?. Just wipe it down maybe before you let him on it and maybe that will help him to stop, not sure it will work though.

Has he been fixed? That could be the problem- he may be marking his territory, and I've heard that once males have been neutered they stop spraying their urine and pooping everywhere.

Jen, Ben n Pip

Yeah, he's fixed...

I've been wiping it down with vinigar, but it doesn't help.

The poop smells right when it comes out, but not when it dries or anything. Is that normal? :?

I guess I just won't bring him there...

too bad, both me and him really liked it :(

Phinnsmommy wrote:
Yeah, he's fixed...

I've been wiping it down with vinigar, but it doesn't help.

The poop smells right when it comes out, but not when it dries or anything. Is that normal? :?

I guess I just won't bring him there...

too bad, both me and him really liked it :(

Yeppers....poops smell more when they're fresh. And if the poops intended for marking, they may really stink!!

Can you cover the seats with a sheet or towel or something that you can just toss in the wash.
I use one of those "Neat Sheets" when I set the pen up in the livingroom. Afterwards I just gather it up and shake it out in the garden.

Phinnsmommy wrote:
Uh, no that doesn't sound normal. Poos should be pretty much dry when they come out, like moist, not wet wet. Maybe you could describe at bit better? Hhmmm.

Angelnsnuffy i agree with u there- unless what you guys are talking about are caecotrophes? They sometimes smell before they dry, i find, but the small, round poos shouldn't smell much (if at all!) and shouldn't be soft and runny.

No it's defnietly not wet wet, just the tiniest bit moist. Like it's a tiny bit shiny.

Like not wet enough tha if you pick it up it would leave a mark on your hand, but moist enough that I can tell they are fresh.

You guys are getting my worried!! ;)

Phinnsmommy wrote:
No it's defnietly not wet wet, just the tiniest bit moist. Like it's a tiny bit shiny.
Sounds like what Binkie, Chippy, and/or Tootsie leave when they're running around and marking up the bunnie-room.
They run up and down the aisles and leave a pile in front of eachcage.

Yeah that sounds right- not sloppy but not really dry and hard either. A happy medium :)
Benji's caecotrophes smell- a bit like horse manure or something- I think it's the hay in it or something. But his regular poos smell of nothing really.

Latest posts

Back