Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If two poos connected by hair it means that he cleans himself and consumes his hair, maybe he's in molt now?
It's no problem if he eats lots of hay because hay helps pushing it all out, if there's just a few connected poos no need to worry much but as above said if you can brush him to help with molting he will consume less hair. If he gets no hay hair can make blockages
I am switching him over to oxbow tonight since my boyfriend has the car at work or I would go right now :( I’ve been giving him belly rubs all day and trying to see if he farts anymore (never thought i would be listening in silence for him to fart at me lmfao) but the belly rubs seemed to have helped with the other poops and now i’m dealing with a couple more of the hair linked ones, so after he’s done being grouchy with me (very upset I didn’t give him a treat today, I feel awful but he will have to get over it for his own good!) So I can grab him and give him a super big grooming and really make sure it’s all good, when I had him earlier he was shedding like a lot! It just went from cold to warm here within a week ( East coast weather is the worst ugh!) So mavy he’s shedding off some of his winter coat to cool down a bit? Although it’s not hot at all it’s still breezy through the day, he might think it’s changing seasons? Hopefully that’s all! If these poops don’t go away in a day is there anything more I can do besides belly rubs, brushing, water and now timothy with his pellets (I have to buy new pellets tomorrow since the drive is over an hour and it will be closed by the time i get there tonight since my store he doesn’t sell past the stage I have now :/) Thanks a bunch!

I am switching him over to oxbow tonight since my boyfriend has the car at work or I would go right now :( I’ve been giving him belly rubs all day and trying to see if he farts anymore (never thought i would be listening in silence for him to fart at me lmfao) but the belly rubs seemed to have helped with the other poops and now i’m dealing with a couple more of the hair linked ones, so after he’s done being grouchy with me (very upset I didn’t give him a treat today, I feel awful but he will have to get over it for his own good!) So I can grab him and give him a super big grooming and really make sure it’s all good, when I had him earlier he was shedding like a lot! It just went from cold to warm here within a week ( East coast weather is the worst ugh!) So mavy he’s shedding off some of his winter coat to cool down a bit? Although it’s not hot at all it’s still breezy through the day, he might think it’s changing seasons? Hopefully that’s all! If these poops don’t go away in a day is there anything more I can do besides belly rubs, brushing, water and now timothy with his pellets (I have to buy new pellets tomorrow since the drive is over an hour and it will be closed by the time i get there tonight since my store he doesn’t sell past the stage I have now :/) Thanks a bunch!
When you get new pellets look for ones without any flaked peas or muesli type, just plain brown pellets, and look at ingredients, it should be min 19% fibre and max 13% protein for an adult rabbit. Then you will have to mix them with his old pellets for a week at least, 3/4 old and 1/4 new pellets for a couple days, then 1/2 old and 1/2 new, then 1/4 old and 3/4 new etc. This is because any sudden changes are no good and he can stop eating.

When you get new pellets look for ones without any flaked peas or muesli type, just plain brown pellets, and look at ingredients, it should be min 19% fibre and max 13% protein for an adult rabbit. Then you will have to mix them with his old pellets for a week at least, 3/4 old and 1/4 new pellets for a couple days, then 1/2 old and 1/2 new, then 1/4 old and 3/4 new etc. This is because any sudden changes are no good and he can stop eating.
Awesome thank you so much! Is there anything I can mix with pellets to try to get him to eat them more? Since i’ve gotten him he has been very light on eating pellets, but I found that mixing the nut mix for bunny’s at walmart that i was originally doing for the past 2 weeks for him to eat atleast slightly more of them? I cut i’m completely off of those though after someone told me that it’s actually not good for him, but I really want to find a way to make him enjoy pellets

Awesome thank you so much! Is there anything I can mix with pellets to try to get him to eat them more? Since i’ve gotten him he has been very light on eating pellets, but I found that mixing the nut mix for bunny’s at walmart that i was originally doing for the past 2 weeks for him to eat atleast slightly more of them? I cut i’m completely off of those though after someone told me that it’s actually not good for him, but I really want to find a way to make him enjoy pellets
Maybe you just overfeed him since he has alfalfa unlimited, usually rabbits love pellets and now at his age you should start limiting them so he will have unlimited hay and water but pellets only 30-50 gram per day and he should get better appetite for them then.

If you can get him to eat lots of hay he shouldn't need more than 1 tbsp pellets a day.

Latest posts

Back