Polish and Netherland Dwarves

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipp

Reaction score
I've always wondered about the differences between NDs and Polish. Anybody care to give it ago? (I'm sure there's a thread on it somewhere, but I've asked before, and never really did get an succinct explanation that stuck).

Thanks!

SAS :) and Pipp :bunnydance:( who's probably a dwarf)

Well, I raise a few Netherland Dwarfs, so since no one has replied to you, I will give it a try. There is a big difference. The Polish is bigger, longer and has longer ears. Notice the difference in the shape of the head too...the polish's is a longer faced rabbit and the ND has a very round head. You can see it visually by looking at the pics on these pages. Hope it helps. Good luck...are you trying to make a decision between the two?

http://www.andrc.com/spotlight2005.htm

http://islandgems.net/allbreeds.html

This is a quiz on Polish traits from Pamnock:
Polish traits quiz

Pamnock said that Mocha does look like a Polish. She does conform to more of the accepted Polish standards than she does to Nethie standards.

I honestly haven't seen many dwarf rabbits with Netherland Dwarf typeheads in my area- I think many are crossed Nethie/Polish or just Polish. Or maybe it takes stringent breeding to keep that flat face.

What I'm curious about is do Polish have less problems with maloclussion than Nethies because their face isn't as flat?

Hi:bunnydance::bunnydance:

Well we currently raise and show polish dwarfs but in the past have bred netherlands. I have found that polish are more friendly then netherlands(also it can have a lot to do with how they are raised), but don't get me wrong i am not saying anything bad about netherlands, itis just from my experience that they are not as calm as a polish. I do really love the tiny ears on netherlands plus there compact size, maybe someday we will have them in our rabbitry again :).

Latest posts

Back