Poison ivy, will rabbit be affected?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMiniRex

Reaction score
So yesterday goats eat some poison ivy that our neighbor had, (dont worry, poisn ivy is completly safe for goats to eat) well.... The goats got tangled I had to go help and next day I poison ivy :/
I've been putting tecnu and some other meds on it to help the itch go down, my rabbit loves to lick me all the time(I'm talkin' 24/7 ). I'm afraid he'll lick poison ivy on me and get sick, its summer and I cant realy wear pants to cover the rash :/
Should i Try to spend the least time as possible with him till the rash goes away?

Provided you used something to remove the oil that causes the irritation, and provided you do not have a topical on your skin that contains anything that is preferable not to be ingested (ex: a baking soda or baking soda + vinegar paste applied to the affected areas), the only thing I would personally worry about is the affected areas being further inflamed should they be licked by bunny.

Id be more worried about the rabbit licking the meds.
If you got the poision ivy residue off then youre fine and if the rabbit licks irritated skin on you thats fine. But adding the topicals is not. Thats where it becomes dangerous.

Ok I just took a shower haven't put anything on yet, I'm gonna go give him a few veggies and play a little bit ;)

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back