Please sponsor me for Cancer Research UK Race for Life...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mummybunny

Reaction score
Hi all,

some of you may know my mumwent through surgery forcolon(bowel) cancer last month. We've recently found out she will nowhave to undergo 6 months of chemotherapy - once a fortnight for 6months.

Cancer Research UK hold 5km races throughout the UK to raise money forCancer Research UK. I am going to run the Race for Life for my mum on3rd June in Edinburgh.

Events like Race for Life are an important way in which Cancer ResearchUK is able to fund its life-saving work into preventing, diagnosing andtreating cancer. By sponsoring me now you could help more peoplesurvive cancer.

Please sponsor me/donate (same thing!) to Cancer Research UK by goingtowww.raceforlifesponsorme.org/StephanieTroon

Donating through this site is simple, fast and totally secure. It isalso the most efficient way to sponsor me - Cancer Research UK willreceive your money faster and, if you are a UK taxpayer, an extra 28%in tax will be added to your gift at no cost to you.

All monies gratefully appreciated, no matter how small the amount.

Thank you so much

mummybunny xxx

Hey, I'm sorry to hear about the cancer in yourfamily. :/ I'm just getting over Nasopharynx cancerr myself, at themoment. I underwent a full traditional treatment of chemotherapy,aswell. It's real harsh on the body.

I'm not sure if you've heard about alternative solutions. I'm currentlyundergoing IPT Chemotherapy. Which stands for " Insulin PotentiaryTherapy ". Basically, It's a low dose chemotherapy laced with insulin.Injected into the body with the insulin, and since the cancer cellsabsorb up to 20 times the sugar a regular cell would, those cancercells go after that insulin like crazy. So, it targets the cancer muchbetter than a normal chemotherapy would and kills them. While leavingyour immune system and your good cells alone, so that you can helpfight.

Plus, You don't have near the side effects. You will not lose yourhair. I've only been slightly nauseated every now and then from it, andyou can go on with your every day life like normal.

I've undergone 7 weeks of IPT Chemotherapy, and I'm already thinkingI'm cancer free, or very close to being cancer free. I can try to getinformation and see if it might be in your area, if you and your motherare interested. So, just let me know.

But, all together whatever treatment your mother does decide to gowith, I hope all goes well, and I hope she gets to feeling better and Iwill be praying. ::hugs::

Hi, and thanks for replying Nessa1487. I hopeyou are getting better and feeling okay. Thanks for the information yougave me - I'm not sure what type of chemo my mum is to get, we'll knowwhen she gets her first session on Tuesday. Hope you stay well andhealthy. Thanks again,

mummybunny

Hi mummybunny

Best wishes to your Mum and all of your family as well. Goodon you for entering Race for Life! My friends and I will berunning too.... in July in Newport, South Wales.

We did the race for the first timelast yearinmemory of our friend Debra who passed away in October 2005.This year I'll run for my Gran too - she's got to the ripe old age of86 to be told she's terminally ill with stomach cancer.There's little that can be done for her now because of her age butdespite that, she's still going strong (ish) 6 months after herdiagnosis.

Have a great time, it's a fabulous experience. Lots of laughter and funthough some tears too. We went for a picnic somewhere niceafterwards as the end of the race can feel likea bit of ananti-climax after all the preparation and excitement. Madethe day really special.

Thank you so much for sponsoring me, it's thefirst time I have done the race and am looking forward to it. I'm sorryto hear about your friend and gran, but all the very best for your run.

Thanks again

mummybunny xx

You're very welcome. We're 'intraining' as we speak - running about twice a week:run: (I'm uselessbut enthusiastic) - however, not sure the chocolate covered shortcakebiccies I'm munching on:eats: right now are going to do much for myabilities. :D

Mmmmm, tell me about it, I'm all - I'll go to the gym tomorrow and REALLY start training!!!!! Must get my butt in gear ASAP!!!

mummybunny

Latest posts

Back