Please pray for Lawrence

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Lawrence is his daddy's little piggy. So when he didn't finish his dinner two nights ago, I took him to the vet. He didn't eat anything last night, after getting sub-cu fluids and meloxicam and metaclopramide. This morning he passed a few very small poops and wanted to eat, but didn't. Otherwise, he seems happy and alert. His vet is awesome, and I know he will help if it's possible.

Lawrence has never had any problems. He has always been a little pig, and loves attention. After Lucas going to the hospital for three days recently, I'm really wondering what I'm doing wrong. They both always seem so happy and healthy, but lately, they've both had gut problems. I feel terrible that I'm failing them in some way.

I'm hoping Lawrence pulls through okay, and I'll keep you all posted. He just worries me because he NEVER turns down food...

Aaaaw I'm sorry to hear about your buns 😔. Praying for their well-being and that the answers will be revealed soon! I assure you it's nothing you're doing wrong. As we rabbit owners know, rabbits sometimes have complex health issues that can be so hard to diagnose. Please keep us updated!
-Cara

Prayers coming from me too. I agree with the above poster, rabbits are complex and I doubt it’s something that you are doing. For your own piece of mind though, I’d go over everything with the vet to double check if you are worried. Sounds like just one of those rabbit things and that Lawrence is doing better already. More prayers coming! Keep us posted.

O Boy that´s so tough! I want you to know, that by having the the priviledge to follow a bit of your life together with your 2 adorable bonnies (as well as reading your help and comments to all of us) on this wonderful forum of ours, I can sincerely say that you are such a good Bonnie Dad. You know Lucas and Lawrence! quite well and react the minute you sense something is different.

To be honest, I´m quite glad I´ve got to know you in here- and loads of prayers are comming your way

O Boy that´s so tough! I want you to know, that by having the the priviledge to follow a bit of your life together with your 2 adorable bonnies (as well as reading your help and comments to all of us) on this wonderful forum of ours, I can sincerely say that you are such a good Bonnie Dad. You know Lucas and Lawrence! quite well and react the minute you sense something is different.

To be honest, I´m quite glad I´ve got to know you in here- and loads of prayers are comming your way
Agree 100%

Lawrence died this past Sunday.

He was in the hospital. The doctor was keeping him over the weekend, and said they were letting him get some exercise on the floor before moving him to a larger enclosure, as his gut seemed to be moving, and he'd started producing stool again. He suffered a seizure, and the doctor was unable to resusitate him.

I am absolutely devastated. Lucas is also depressed, and keeps looking for his brother.

Lawrence was my friend. He saved my life.

But I could not save his.

You'll all please excuse me if I take a break from the forums.

I'm sorry for your loss. Lawrence had one of the best lives a bun could have- lots of room, a brother and caring, educated bun parents by his side. Losing him would truly rock your world. Still, Lucas will be there for you. He's sure to notice your hurt and help you along the way.
It's also totally normal if you feel like taking a break from anything and everything, losing your beloved bun is a really hard one to deal with.
Stay safe and keep up the great care for those who are still with you.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back