Please Keep Sebastian's Little Girl In Your Prayers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaspberrySwirl

Reaction score
A lot of you knowSebastian's Little Girl...my little girl...and I'd like to share withyou what is going on inour life right now. Bear with me, thisis long. I guess I'm still venting.

My family has a long and strong historyof auto immune disease. My grandmother, mother, sister, cousins, myselfand three of my children have Rheumatoid Arthritis or Lupus. When SLGwas 2 1/2 she was hospitalized and diagnosed with Juvenile RheumatoidArthritis. She was primarily effected in her right ankle and we wereable to keep it isolated to that ankle withmedicationsandthrough the care of a Rheumatologist. After3years, thankfully she went into remission. She has been symptom free,and medication free forover two years now.

About a month or so ago, I noticed shewas limping. She had injured her ankle in the last soccer game of theseason, so I kept an eye on it. It has gotten worse in the last coupleof weeks and has become swollen, hot andsore. Last week shebegan to complain of her other ankle bothering her. Sunday she said herright wristhurt. I called her Rheumatologist firstthingMonday morning and they got her right in. Her Arthritishas returned. She has inflammation, painandswellinginboth ankles, her feet, hertoes, her wrists, her knuckles, andher left shoulder that weare sure about. There may be involvement in other joints, butat that point he stopped and said "lets talk about what we are going todo."

She has begun her medications again andwill stay on these meds for two months. If we don't see a slow down inthe disease, or some improvement of some kind at the end of those twomonths, she will begin a more toxic medication. It's very important totreat the disease very aggressively because as quickly as it hasreturned and as fast as it's spreading it could be very damaging to herjoints. When a child is this young and actively growing, it's crucialto keep the damage to a minimum. Rheumatoid Arthritis is different than"just being stiff". It actually attacks the body and destroys thejoint. It can also destroy the other organs. If it begins to severelyattack one knee for instance, while the other knee continues to grownormally, then she will have one leg longer than the other.

It's a very painful disease. When she waslittle, she would lay in my arms when she had the fevers and I wouldjust rock her for hours while she slept.I'd carry hereverywhere andshe couldsleep in on the days she washurting. Shecould soak in th hot bath during the day when shedidn't feel good. It's all going to be different now because she'solder and we have to adjust to her being in school.We can'tjust live our life however we need to in order to make her feel better.

I've lived withpain for yearsand it breaks my heart that my little girl has to go through thistoo.She is so active and full of life.

She went into remission once. It canhappen again.I believe in the power of positive thinking andin the power of prayer. Please, my friends, I'm asking youtokeep my little girl in your thoughts and prayers.

Raspberry

I just posted in your home thread, but your sweet angel will definitely be in my prayers.

I'm sure Buck is watching over her. :angel:

I can't even begin to know what a difficult time this is for you and your family. But I will pray for you all.

:hug:

Jen

She is in our prayers and I'm going to share itwith my mom in Maine and my best friend in Maryland....so she'll beprayed for here in Tx, Maine, Maryland - and of course by all thestates covered by here on the boards!

Peg

You know she'll be held in our hearts here in PA . . .

Pam

Flower_RK.jpg

Raspberry I have aHealing Candle lit for bothYou and SLG. You Bothwill be in my prayers andConzstant thoughts . :kiss:

I've witnessed a lot of 'miracles' on this forum through the Power of Love and Prayer.

Please pray and/or visualize SLG running, playing, swimming and dancing.

Dear Raspberry,

I'm asking God and every Angel, Butterfly and Star I know help our little girl.

-Carolyn

Sending our love...

Angela, James, Mocha, and Loki

I had a friend with Lupus- lost contact with her after she quit schoolto start chemotherapy. Is that a treatment for rheumatoidarthritis, too? Just curious.

Raspberry this is such an awful thing for yoursweet little girl to go through. It must be terrible for you to see herin pain like that. Give her a love and a big hug from me. I will say aprayer for her.

Your little girl holds a place in everyones heart on this forum. I'msure there will be enough people praying that god will listen.

Vickie

Oh Razz, you know that you, SLG and your familywill be in our prayers. She is just such an amazing little girl - whenyou see her pictures you would never guess at the pain she must be in.She is so full of life, and a real inspiration. We are sending allpositive thoughts your way.

Jan

My mum has Rheumatoid Arthritis, she startedwith it when she was in her 30s, my gran also had bad arthritis in herhand joints. I worry I will get it too as it is hereditary, and I'mnearly 30.

My thoughts and prayers are with SLG. She is a little fighter and youare all doing what is possible to treat her at any given moment. I hopeshe goes into remission again soon.

God Bless

mummybunny

Latest posts

Back