Please help!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taylor_wt

Reaction score
my bunny was neutered almost 5 days ago and is doing great - eating, drinking, pooping and has his normal energy levels back. He's off the pain meds and moving around well. However, my question is... What is the incision area supposed to look like? This is my first bunny so I honestly have no idea. I attached a picture. It sort of looks like it's opened up a bit on the incision line, but there isn't any blood. Not sure, maybe I'm just being paranoid.
Even if you can't tell from the picture, if you could explain to me what the incision area should look like I would appreciate it so much!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 19
I don't know my first neutering hopefully in a few weeks but from your photo looking fine to me, hopefully everything will heal nicely. I was going to start a thread myself on how to prepare my rabbit before neutering, Leo is 7 months old dwarf mix and he is getting a bit fat lately as not getting enough exercise and maybe eats a bit too much pellets I should spend more time with him he is a very active rabbit and I hate keeping him isolated he has a large cage and an extension around it but I don't give him much attention and he is not happy I can see it in his eyes he's very happy when I take him and brush him or clip his nails I can't wait when he's neutered and can play with my other rabbits.

Think I should give him less pellets and take him for some exercise a couple weeks before surgery or weight is not so important there?

I don't know my first neutering hopefully in a few weeks but from your photo looking fine to me, hopefully everything will heal nicely. I was going to start a thread myself on how to prepare my rabbit before neutering, Leo is 7 months old dwarf mix and he is getting a bit fat lately as not getting enough exercise and maybe eats a bit too much pellets I should spend more time with him he is a very active rabbit and I hate keeping him isolated he has a large cage and an extension around it but I don't give him much attention and he is not happy I can see it in his eyes he's very happy when I take him and brush him or clip his nails I can't wait when he's neutered and can play with my other rabbits.

Think I should give him less pellets and take him for some exercise a couple weeks before surgery or weight is not so important there?
I give my bunny 1/8 cup of pellets every night and other than that he has unlimited Timothy hay; plus he gets some greens and has a treat every once in a while. I'm not entirely sure if weight will have an effect on the surgery but I do know that bunnies generally have pretty weak hearts and exercise makes it stronger so I would definitely recommend spending as much time with him as you can and getting some exercise in! Good luck!!

If it's opened up and you aren't sure if it requires seeing your vet, best thing to do is phone or email your vet, and send them a clear close up picture of the incision site so the vet can determine if you need to bring your bun back in.

Latest posts

Back