Please help :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke_Rabbit

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just joined today and was reading up about rabbit eyes.

I accidently closed the front room door this morning and the windows were open so the door slammed shut pretty hard. Little to my knowledge the rabbit (Chloe) was running to me and got slammed right in the middle. She is only 4 months old aswell, so still a baby :(

Poor Chloe was rolling all over the floor and it's eyes were going really nuts. I held a blanket over Chloes head to stop the light getting to her and to hopefully calm her down. Called the emergency vets and dropped her off for treatment.

I really hope she gets better :(

What do you think the outcome will be? Will she get better? Has anybody done this before?

Luke

Last edited:
I don't have much experience with bunny eyes, so unfortunately I can't give advice. But, I can say I hope she is alright; praying for a good prognosis and speedy recovery!

I am sorry. Without more details I can't quite tell what happened. It sounds like she is in good hands at the vet though, hopefully they will let you know how she's doing soon. When my bunny was at the emergency vet I called frequently to check on him and they were very helpful, you may want to do that.

Thanks everybody for the replies.

I have her home and she is happy! Massive shock and confusion. Vet basically said it would be just like if we were hit with a car!!! :( I feel so bad but all is better :):)

~Luke

That must have been so scary for both of you! I'm so glad to hear that she's home and doing fine.

Best thing to do with buns who have been shocked. CALM THEM .. that means secure them in such a way that they can't hurt themselves...cover with towel. keep them away from walls and hard objects. Once they have stopped rolling/tumbling about then secure them in a small carrier until they are well settled.

Then offer them hay and water only and leave them be. AND that most likely is what the vets did. Calmed and secured and offered her a place to recover. AND once she was well settled checked her for damage.

Acknowledge that you meant no harm and that accidents happen. :)

Wow, I'm glad to read that poor Chloe is okay! You did the right thing by taking her to the Emergency Vet as soon as you did! You sound like a good bunny parent, and remember that this was an accident. My guy bunny ran into a door one time, it was terrifying, but he ended up being fine.

Latest posts

Back