Please help with litter training

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MuffinNibblesmollyXOXO

Reaction score
Hi my two buns are great with litter training only when there is no carpet or fleece and it's frustrating cuz they live in my room the cage is always open the floor is wood but I'd love to have a carpet but they always pee and poo on it and also on my bed any ideas on how I can stop this my male rabbit is neutered but my female isn't
Can anyone help
Thanxs

i just read on this website http://www.therabbithouse.com/behaviour/problem-litter-training.asp that the reason rabbits tend to pee and poo on beds is because the bed carries a lot of our human sent, therefore the rabbit wants to leave their scent there instead. they are basically marking your bed as theirs. the carpet you put down may not have your scent but it doesn't have theirs either so they are going to mark it as theirs. if you try to keep the carpets out for a bit and clean up what they leave behind on the carpet perhaps after a short time they won't mark them anymore.

All I done was keep some poop back and put it in the fresh tray so he knew where to go took 2 weeks to fully train now he uses a cat litter tray x

Latest posts

Back