Please help with breed types of our new additions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ariel

Reaction score

I have posted about our new bunnies and I am having trouble working outwhat breed they come under. They are from an animal nursery shelter andI know that there are many mixed breeds, but if you think you know whatthey are please feel free to tell me.

Laura has said that Gizmo could possibly be a wooly and I am tending toagree, Roger has fur similar to Gizzie, it's fluffy fuzzy fur but Ijust don't know enough about breeds to work out what they are. I havelooked and looked but still I can't work it out.

So please if you think you know any help or advice would be greatly appreciated:thanks::thanks:

Gizmo

gizmo.jpg

Amber

100_0825.jpg

Roger

100_0793.jpg

There are more picks under the post I made for the new bunnies

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=10422&forum_id=1

Once again Thankyou.

:wink:

Im not sure what breed they might be but I amgonna sneaker to your house and steal either the blanket or towel inthe pic of Roger....LOL I love dolphins, most of my house is covered indolphins....

I think laura might be on to something with gizmo...I dont think he isa full wooly but there might be some in there...He kind of looks like 2of my moms rabbits.

Gizmo'sears are larger than a JW, butthe body type and fur look similar to me. Mind you, I've onlyseen one in person, so I could be way off.

Pam or Gypsy or another breeder would be much better at this than me! I'm just guessing.

Laura

Varna and Laura
When I finished chatting lastnight yet again I went back and lookedover breeds of bunnies and you 2 have come up with what I was thinking,possible siamese/ wooly type bunny.

It's hard to say Gizzies fur is fluffy and fuzzy like the wooly yet she has similar markings as a siamese.
:dunno::dunno:

Thankyou for your help ;)

Do you have weights, ages and some side shots ofthem? Gizmo doesn't appear to be a wooly -- the softer coatmay have come from a lop mix. Sables are a rather largebreed, so most likely the color was picked up from a dwarf/lop mix, notfrom the sable breed. Their coloring is of those commonlyseen in Netherland Dwarfs. Small breeds that are non-dwarfgene carriers would be larger and have narrower heads than true Dwarfs.

Pam

Pam, I do actually have all of those LOL (funny cause I haven't stoppedsnapping them) and I did weigh them 2 days ago so I could keep track ofhow they progress.

ok so here they are

Roger is about 7-8wks old and weighs 2lbs

100_0831.jpg

Gizmo ia bout 7-8ks old and weighs 1lb 6oz

100_0812.jpg

Amber is about 7-8wks old and weighs 1lb 9oz

100_0779.jpg

Amber is to the right and Gizmo is on the left

000_0036.jpg

Thankyou all again for your help and advice:D

That was quick LOL

Because of their small size, I'm going to stay with my first guess that they are Dwarf mix with possible lop mixed in.

And might I add -- all very beautiful!!!!

Pam

LOL We may be on the bottom of the world but we are quick :p

Thankyou for your help Pam. Most lops at the baby stage have helicopterears right?? I ask because Gizmo was grooming herself lastnight and herears were sticking out from her head like that, mind you I only seethem like that when she is grooming herself, anyway time will tell.

Once again Thanks a zillion for your help and your quick response.
You're a ------>:star: :bouquet:

FreddysMom wrote:
I cant help on the ID part ... but can I PUH-LEASE haveGizmo!! Absolutely stunning! ....and Amber has the coolestcolor of eyes :)
Ditto, i want to be second in line for Gizmo kay?

lol, Nicole

Ok before things get waaaaaay outta control here, there will be NO, Irepeat NO line for claiming Gizmo. :nonono:

Brett would kill me! He actually went back and got Gizmo LOL

You can look at the pictures of her but no touching ok :p:p
Ok , well you can touch your screens and pretend you are patting her LOL

She really is a lovely bunny, they all are actually, only good lookers in this house :p:p

Maybe I might make a thread just for Bindy and the gang.

ariel wrote:

I ask because Gizmo was grooming herself lastnight and herears were sticking out from her head like that, mind you I only seethem like that when she is grooming herself, anyway time will tell.

The drop to the ears can indicate lop ancestry, although is not acertain indicator. Conversely, some purebred lop'sears never drop and stay erect throughout their lifetime.

Pam

Latest posts

Back