Please!!!! Help!!!! Wild bunny won’t eat anything!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbigail10398

Reaction score
Hi! My brother in law ran over a rabbits nest full of bunnies with his lawn mower! And they caught one! I know that he would have lived if they would have let him go! But my sister asked me to take care of him! So she brung him yesterday! He is wide eyed and has a full coat! But I don’t think I can let him back in the wild because he is so tiny and he is a hour away from where he was found! And I have a lot of stray cats in my area! The thing is my sister did not know how scared wild rabbits can be and she is a very very noisy person and kept holding him and stuff! I think he is still really scared from going through all that stress! He will not take a Suringe with cat milk replacement!!!!!???? And when I drop some on his lip he won’t lick it up at all! I’ve tryed three times! All he is doing is excaping the box! I gave him some of my rabbits pellets and some cucumber but he won’t take that either! Should I go get a bottle and try and feed him!!!!???? This is my first time having a wild baby bunny! Please can someone tell me how to get him to eat and when should I force feed him!????

You should put him back. His mom will come back to the nest and feed him. He should not have milk replacer, cucumber, or anything else you are giving him. You can put a handful of grass from outside in the box, and take him back to his nest. He will probably die if he is not returned to his home.

Hi! We recently rescued 2 wild bunnies from the neighborhood cat- one of which needed rehab for a bleeding foot. Both were very small (fit in my hand) but were old enough to have their eyes open and full fur. We got a hutch as free roaming in our bathroom wasn't a viable solution and kept both until they were 6+ weeks older and ready to go. By that time, the first one was healed and they had tripled in size. We fed Oxbow young rabbit pellets, tons of Timothy hay, and a nightly selection of unsprayed fresh cut lawn weeds and grass plus gave lots of water. Be careful with 'extra' veggies/fruits as it can mess up their systems easily. During this time, we also talked with a local wild rescue facility and they suggested releasing into an area with less people, cats, traffic, etc with a source of running water and shade/ground cover to hide in. We had to search but we eventually found a great spot. Also, it is illegal in most states to keep a wild bunny as their captivity death rate can be as high as 90%. Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back