*Please help/URGENT* I think my bunny might have a respiratory infection!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

izze

Reaction score
I noticed yesterday that my 4-month-old male holland lop, Bumble, had a sort of sneeze attack & I was worried so I googled it & apparently sneezing is bad. Another sign would be he had a damp nose (but it did seem runny last night) & little crusty eye boogers. But he still has a hunger & eats & drinks a lot. I would also like to mention I've been keeping my eye on him since the sneeze attack & I haven't seen or heard him sneeze since. I would really appreciate any feedback or advice, Im so worried about him.

Bunnies will also sneeze when they get something stuck in the nose. My bunny Odin sneeze daily when he eats hay, someone blow him in the face or run somewhere dusty.

While one of my other bunnies have snuffles, he will sneeze a few times during the day and his noice is always dirty.

I always clean my bunnies crusty eye boogers :)

Otherwise take a picture and we can get a better image on how it looks if it’s abnormal or just normal for bunnies ☺️

Bunnies will also sneeze when they get something stuck in the nose. My bunny Odin sneeze daily when he eats hay, someone blow him in the face or run somewhere dusty.

While one of my other bunnies have snuffles, he will sneeze a few times during the day and his noice is always dirty.

I always clean my bunnies crusty eye boogers :)

Otherwise take a picture and we can get a better image on how it looks if it’s abnormal or just normal for bunnies ☺

I just took these right now! Please let me know if anything looks off. Thank you so much.

IMG_1203.jpegIMG_1204.jpegIMG_1205.jpeg

The eyes look good but the mouth seem to lost a bit of fur, it can also just be because how the picture was taken and the shape of the mouth.

Wet nose, you can often see dried mucus on the inside of the front paws. Your bunny have white fur so it should be easy to see. It will be a bit darker spot on the white or losing fur :)

Otherwise your bunny looks like a normal bunbun.

The eyes look good but the mouth seem to lost a bit of fur, it can also just be because how the picture was taken and the shape of the mouth.

Wet nose, you can often see dried mucus on the inside of the front paws. Your bunny have white fur so it should be easy to see. It will be a bit darker spot on the white or losing fur :)

His mouth has looked like that since we got him! I had to look back on pictures😁. Thank you so much!!!!

Here are some more photos. do these look like boogers on his paws or feces? i’m so sorry for asking so much. i’m a worrier.

Attachments

• 90C32CE4-1ED5-4667-88B2-78451F11FADA.jpeg
    90C32CE4-1ED5-4667-88B2-78451F11FADA.jpeg
    229.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 0A59C459-B65F-4FF9-B14E-EE8759382690.jpeg
    0A59C459-B65F-4FF9-B14E-EE8759382690.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 6
Here are some more photos. do these look like boogers on his paws or feces? i’m so sorry for asking so much. i’m a worrier.

He’s paws looks clean, so your bunny seem to just gotten a normal sneeze attack :)

The symptoms sound like the snuffles. It's a bacteria that affect rabbits. It definitely should be treated.

A diet that emphasizes timothy hay can help. The hay increases the probiotic content in the rabbit's gut, which -- in turn -- helps to fight the bad bacteria. Keeping your bunny warm and dry is also very helpful.

Definitely keep an eye on it. Probably a good idea to let a vet a look at him. One thing to watch closely for are corneal ulcers (very painful). Those would need anti-bacterial drops right away. Your bunny probably doesn't have those, but they can show up for older rabbits with snuffles/pasteurella.

Is your bunny okay now?mine is always sneezing ever since I got her, she stops and then sneeze again. She also have dried eye discharge and damp nose, but she’s been like that for a month now and nothing changed, she eats and drinks well, and she also plays, but she’s been resting a little bit more than before. I don’t know if I should get worried or if it’s allergies.

Latest posts

Back