Please Help! Rabbit swollen genitals

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunniebinky

Reaction score
Hi guys

My rabbit Larry was recently castrated and he spent his time inside with me shrike recovering. I moved him to his original pen area that was clean. This morning I noticed his genitals are swollen but he’s still a happy bun he’s running around eating. I’m sat with him now to see if hes pooping and weeing.

Is this a vet matter? I imagine so

I rang my vets and was told “they have more important animals coming in for emergencies we can’t see you”

I’m heartbroken I couldn’t even make an appointment

Could you get a picture so that we could see better?
When did the swelling occur? Was it not there one day and then appeared the next?
Usually just a little bit of swelling after surgery is okay, but it depends on how bad it is.
The receptionist saying that they have "more important" animals coming in, that's a weird wording. Aren't emergency visits and planned post-op checkups a bit different?
Have you asked any other vet offices if they could see you?

Yea I’m currently timing around in my area lunch time is 12-2 so I might not get a response.

Last night I wash checking them all as I usually do and it was not there this only came up this morning.

He’s pooping and weeing currently and showing no signs of discomfort

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Back