Please help . My rabbit is making weird noice with buck.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lottiej

Reaction score
So I thought my rabbit was pregnant and was expecting babies to arive a couple of days ago . But took her to vet today and the mating wasn’t successful. ( I honestly thought she was pregnant as the buck fell of and everything)
Today I’ve put them back together to try again and the doe is making this really weird noise and it’s qwite concerning. It sounds like she is honking but it’s doesn’t sound at all in a good way!
he is not falling of her he just ends up stopping . So it’s not being successful.What’s going on? Is she okay ? Why’s she not letting him do it ?Hoping someone knows what’s going on here .Thanks for anyone’s help ??
here is a video I took if I can post it . Thanks .

I can’t send a video so it might be hard to tell what’s going on ? I’m happy to send a video on email if anyone is happy to help ? Thanks .

She is pregnant, or at least she thinks she is - like when a false pregnancy is looming. One way to find out if a doe is pregnant is to put her with the buck, they get very vocal then and refuse the buck. Worked quite well for me.
How long ago was the first breeding?

If she's really not pregnant just wait a couple of days and try again.

Ok. We bred her on the 2nd of may and they mated a few times then I left them together until day 28 as they are really friendly and love each other . But she never gave birth , today I took her to vet thinking they might need to induse her and they said she wasn’t pregnant or she was not that far along . So I’m guessing now she got pregnant after the 2nd of may and that explains why she hasn’t given birth yet??? As they very likely could of mated anywhere in those 28 days . I really just thought she got pregnant that day as they mated 2 times .

I kept my buck with my 2 does for 3 weeks this year, very happy trio - they kindled 2 weeks apart. Sometimes they don't breed like the proverbial rabbits ;)

Latest posts

Back