Please help. My bunny died so suddenly ))):

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breebrebun

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I joined this group because I had just lost my bunny ):
she passed away Saturday night suddenly
Friday night I noticed she wasn’t being her excited self and was sort of leaning her head to the left
I noticed her eye was shut…so I sat there with her for a while ,gave her some pets and snuggles and she finally opened her eye a little. Her eye was very cloudy and there was just a lot of gunk in there.. which is strange because she never had issues with her eyes.
anyway . I didn’t know what to do since it was so late in the night when I noticed. I gave her some fruits and veggies and extra hay but she wasn’t very interested at all.. even more strange.
The next morning her eye had worsen . It wasn’t watery . It was just filled with gook.
I called a vet and they said to come In the following morning.
i layed with her and was petting her all day . She didn’t eat that whole day. She seemed interested in all of her options at first but would then sit back down.
Around 11 pm i was doing dishes when I heard her screaming?? I immediately ran to her and she was laying on her side twitching. The screaming noise only went on for maybe 30 seconds. I honestly had no idea what to do I was just softly softly softly petting her
Her twitching slowed down and I could feel her stop breathing
It was so terrible and sudden and I have no idea how this could even happen? I love my bunny and she was on such a healthy diet and was taken care of very well by me and my mother. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this??

Things can happen fast with bunnies--if you notice something wrong, you need to get them to a vet immediately. Sounds like a neurological infection and there's usually nothing you can do. In the world we are in, all we can do is love them and give our best--you did, hope they are happy and loved. This kind of thing always leaves a hole in our heart--so sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry for your loss. I do understand your heart broken, I have lost my first beloved bun 17 months ago , I still love her and want her back but ......I know whatever I say/try to comfort you, you will still be sad but time will help you feel better. your bun knows and feels your love, if you pay attention, you will know she is still being with you siting in your heart.

I’m so sorry to hear this! We too lost our Pablo on Saturday so sudden also and has left a whole in our heart,we are still trying to identify what happened but guess we will never really know,more and more I read appears bunnies are so vulnerable and so vulnerable to sudden deaths,I’m sorry you had to hear your bunny scream that must have been a horrible experience for you x

Hey guys,
I joined this group because I had just lost my bunny ):
she passed away Saturday night suddenly
Friday night I noticed she wasn’t being her excited self and was sort of leaning her head to the left
I noticed her eye was shut…so I sat there with her for a while ,gave her some pets and snuggles and she finally opened her eye a little. Her eye was very cloudy and there was just a lot of gunk in there.. which is strange because she never had issues with her eyes.
anyway . I didn’t know what to do since it was so late in the night when I noticed. I gave her some fruits and veggies and extra hay but she wasn’t very interested at all.. even more strange.
The next morning her eye had worsen . It wasn’t watery . It was just filled with gook.
I called a vet and they said to come In the following morning.
i layed with her and was petting her all day . She didn’t eat that whole day. She seemed interested in all of her options at first but would then sit back down.
Around 11 pm i was doing dishes when I heard her screaming?? I immediately ran to her and she was laying on her side twitching. The screaming noise only went on for maybe 30 seconds. I honestly had no idea what to do I was just softly softly softly petting her
Her twitching slowed down and I could feel her stop breathing
It was so terrible and sudden and I have no idea how this could even happen? I love my bunny and she was on such a healthy diet and was taken care of very well by me and my mother. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this??

So very sorry to you and dear sweet bunny. Its such a terrible shock isn't it. Our wee girl died very suddenly too- two weeks ago. Very very sad and just left with questions as to why. Our girl was always so ravenous and full of energy. I noticed her eating her late supper a bit strangely- slower than normal. By the time i got up the next morning she was already seriously ill and couldn't be saved. Heart breaking. Just hard to believe. I just came and joined this lovely helpful caring site too since losing our girl. Just sending you best wishes and sympathy xox

Latest posts

Back