Please help Mamma Joe joe :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What could it be?

• Ring worm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mites

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

mammajoe

Reaction score
A613C9C6-D967-4B1E-8D80-1FFEA9B0B230.jpeg hello, my bunnies name is Mamma joe joe. She is a black Rex. She is around 5 years old. She has developed a bald spot with some scabbing around the back of her neck. I thought it may be mites. But there is no dandruff type stuff. Any ideas. I’m making an appointment on Friday. But would love to start doing something now. It looks a little wet because I put a little pollysporin in it :(

Hello, I am very sorry to see this. Do you think something might have bitten her? When my bunnies fought, they had similar injuries. Have you tried disinfecting it? I would use. Something fairly mild like witch hazel or peroxide. Good job making a vet appointment. Please keep us updated :)

Hello, I am very sorry to see this. Do you think something might have bitten her? When my bunnies fought, they had similar injuries. Have you tried disinfecting it? I would use. Something fairly mild like witch hazel or peroxide. Good job making a vet appointment. Please keep us updated :)

Thanks for your response. My only thought is it could of been mosquitoes. I just went out and put mesh over her outdoor pen. There were allot of them around the last couple days because of the heat. I will most defiantly put an update when I see the vet. Thanks again.

Thanks for your response. My only thought is it could of been mosquitoes. I just went out and put mesh over her outdoor pen. There were allot of them around the last couple days because of the heat. I will most defiantly put an update when I see the vet. Thanks again.
You are very welcome. Hoping for responses from our more experienced members, but it does sadly look like bites.

I am sure you are a great bunny owner, however, I am curious: if you do not mind me asking, is there a reason why you keep her outside? It is best to keep them inside if possible, but everyone is different. Growing up though, I was never allowed to keep bunnies inside and it did not work out very well.

Hope Mamma Joe Joe feels better soon-- sending love <3

Latest posts

Back