Please help, I'm running out of ideas.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starflower

Reaction score
My friend's rabbit is in a really bad situation. The rabbit was supposed to be a pet and if they didn't want the rabbit anymore it would be raised as food. The rabbit doesn't eat hay or drink water, doesn't play with toys, isn't neutered, doesn't get exercise, and is outdoors 24/7. I admit I asked my friend several times if i could bring her rabbit to the vet or shelter but she kind of brushed it off and we haven't brought it up until I decided that I really really needed to do something. I really regret that I haven't done anything earlier. I was going to book an appointment with the vet but I had to ask her family first. She hasn't asked her mom or dad yet and even if she did I don't think it will change her grandma's mind to eat him. When she asked her grandma if I could take him to he vet and shelter, she got angry because they spent money on him and it would be a waste to give him away. Originally I thought I had a chance but now I feel so helpless. I really really don't know what to do now. Should I just leave this?

Please don’t just leave it that would break my heart. If you can buy her from them please do and email me @[email protected] (that’s a zero after my name not an o btw) if you need help with the costs and i would be more than willing to help. Please save the poor bunny from its abuse!

Thank you so much for your suggestions but that won't work, I don't think money is the problem. It was also time and supposedly "effort" Plus from the beginning they were planning to eat him. Please add more idea if you had anymore;;;;; I really appreciate it.

I truly hate to suggest you do this to your friend, but how about reporting them for animal abuse? This has worked for me as a last resort, but I would prefer that you beg them to buy the bunny from them. I would also donate a bit for the cause if this can happen. Please, please save this poor baby. Rabbits are so sweet and helpless. This bunny has likes, dreams, desires and wants to feel happy just like us.

At least they should make its life better, I know that some breed bunnies up for life stock but then the bunnies should at least have a good life, space, fresh hay and water. So the short time they have, they can live a normal and good life.

Some might think it’s cruel for bunnies becoming life stock. But it would be quite hypocritical of saying it’s wrong when myself it’s still eating meat as food but have started to eat more vegan food.

But I hope you manage to get the bunny from them. Because what they are doing it’s truly abuse. Don’t you have any rabbit rescue nearby which you can ask help from.

What do you mean doesn't eat hay or drink water. What does he eat?

I don't think it would be bad enough for the police to arrest someone or for the shelter to step in. Some people just raise their own meat. I get it but he doesn't have any water? Rabbit or anything living in that matter need water. I don't think he would live long without water. Are you sure it didn't just drink all the water? About everything else like the hay my rabbit hates hay I don't know why but he has lived without so far so I wouldn't worry about the hay as much. The toy if you really care that it gets a toy put an apple stick in its cage once a day or maybe even twice. Being outside isn't bad as long as he has shelter and isn't exposed completely to the weather. And if they are going to eat him they really don't need to neuter him.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back