Please help i'm confused :( - rabbit with kits refusing food

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~bunbun~

Reaction score
So my rabbit daisy gave birth to 6 kits earlier (for the first time I think) but now shes just hiding away under my dresser not wanting to eat, she only drank a bit of water, she is also cleaning herself. This was very unexpected and I wasn't prepared because she stills needs a nesting box :( Im trying my best to keep them warm, this is my first litter and it was very unexpected :(5B57E6DF-C661-4EF2-8FD7-6789ED214234.jpeg

Is it her not wanting to eat that you are concerned about? How long ago did she have the babies, and since she last ate?

I assume this rabbit is one of the two you were earlier posting about wanting to re-home? So the other rabbit is a male? Be sure to keep him completely apart from her and the kits.

How are the kits doing now?

I’m a little late here...hope they’re well. Once in a while a doe can develop ketosis after kindling. They stop eating and sit in a corner, and they won’t nurse. The doe can die if you don’t take her to a vet pretty quick. I’m not saying this is what’s wrong with yours, but it happened to us once. We were able to save our doe but had to foster the litter to another doe.

Latest posts

Back