Please Help Identify Chico, Midnight & Mr. Clean !

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coelho007

Reaction score
If anyone could give me some professional insight on which breeds these rabbits originated from I’d greatly appreciate it ! Thank you

Attachments

• D0D92158-1551-4E7B-8CA5-FE5B85ADF244.jpeg
    D0D92158-1551-4E7B-8CA5-FE5B85ADF244.jpeg
    309.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 4EB9AB6F-AF3E-493B-AAF6-E51EE8927434.jpeg
    4EB9AB6F-AF3E-493B-AAF6-E51EE8927434.jpeg
    298.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 094F6815-5E8A-403A-BECC-52F576BC7AD5.jpeg
    094F6815-5E8A-403A-BECC-52F576BC7AD5.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 8
Generic mixes. The third one has a bit of a mane so it has to have some lionhead somewhere in it but otherwise the rabbit does not look lionhead at all so Id guess that the lionhead is pretty far back.

They are all mixed breed as well. The vast majority of rabbits can't be traced back to any specific breed

What value? Hard to tell without knowing if there were any health issues in the last generations. Or what their genetic characters are, which is quite important to me. With random mixes, they are just rabbits. Not better or worse than any rabbit labeled "purebred" from a sketchy "rabbitry", but I reckon market value isn't about that. What they can be sold at depends a lot on where you are, and how the market situation is. I'm happy to get 15-20€ for a 5 month old rabbit. Which doesn't even remotly cover the work that went into this rabbit already, but there are some I'm quite happy to get rid of.

I sometimes sell a rabbit or the other, but I do not breed to sell. Mine are mixes too, and I only sell ones with outstanding characters and when I'm confident that they are free of health issues. Not much market there, rescues are filled to the brim with mixed rabbits, many from accidential litters available for free, but getting a rabbit from there at least normally includes a health check and often they are already spayed or neutered.

Not trying to discourage you from breeding them, just pointing out some things imo you are going to notice. Always have a Plan B. There's that saying "You shouldn't breed rabbits if you don't like the taste"

Last edited:
I plan on breeding to sell, any value held in the rabbits I have ?
Not really. The market is oversaturated with mixed breed rabbits, especially if they are too small to be bought by meat breeders. You'd be better off buying purebreds (especially pedigreed purebreds) if you plan on breeding. Either way, you won't make money on rabbit breeding. Not a single rabbit breeder I know makes more money out of it than they put into it and I've been breeding for fourteen years.

Latest posts

Back