Please help figure out breed!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunvinni

Reaction score
Hi! I'm a new bunny owner and I just got my first baby. His vet visit isn't scheduled until next week so i'm not even sure of the gender and definitely not the breed... he's VERY tiny and the fur is longer than i've seen in pictures of rexes

2AB042D7-1451-42B2-A5C5-888BD3A8DD1A.jpeg16E4D6D1-CF8A-4A0D-8AF1-68CF33B5C8B9.jpeg4302DDA3-3674-4169-95CC-BF39117B72BC.jpeg02F9F5A5-7F2E-4E06-8AD0-5FA2D37AB481.jpeg

His one ear flops down to the side a lot so someone on reddit told me he may be a holland lop who's ears haven't dropped yet. i'm not even sure of his age... the pet store i got him from had no information:( any advice would be awesome!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! I think it is a Rex (it has the rex face)/Lop mix. There is no way to know if it is Holland Lop for sure until it is full-grown because it is all based on weight.

I agree with Lucas the Bun. You should litter train your rabbit instead of using paper pellets all over the cage and you should invest in a playpen (look at Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, Goodwill, and yardsales to find good deals).

Welcome to the forum! I think it is a Rex (it has the rex face)/Lop mix. There is no way to know if it is Holland Lop for sure until it is full-grown because it is all based on weight.

I agree with Lucas the Bun. You should litter train your rabbit instead of using paper pellets all over the cage and you should invest in a playpen (look at Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, Goodwill, and yardsales to find good deals).
I could’nt tell if you had an x-pen attached but I would definitely suggest getting one, pet store cages are way to small for rabbits.

Rabbits need at least 24 square feet of space,
but the more the better. 🙂
Housing | House Rabbit Society

Thank you guys! Yes, I actually am building him a larger enclosure to run around AND have bought him a nice litter box and litter. He also gets plenty of time out of his cage to run in my room until I finish his new enclosure.

Thank you so much for the thoughts and advice 💖

It's a mixed breed rabbit. Most rabbits are. It's definitely not a rex, it has the wrong fur type. I'm not seeing much holland lop in there either, they're usually a pretty stocky breed and this rabbit is fairly narrow in the head, even if it were a mix.

The color is called "Tricolor"

It's a mixed breed rabbit. Most rabbits are. It's definitely not a rex, it has the wrong fur type. I'm not seeing much holland lop in there either, they're usually a pretty stocky breed and this rabbit is fairly narrow in the head, even if it were a mix.

The color is called "Tricolor"
I definitely knew the fur wasn't a rex!! Thank you for your info!

100% gorgeous breed! I love his coloring, pattern and the long long ears. I wouldn't care what he is. Just wanna hug that beautiful boy!
Thank you so much! He is so sweet and I fell in love with him at first sight 💖

Latest posts

Back