Please help! Eye infection?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tia_x0x

Reaction score
My bunny I received 2 weeks ago is pregnant and about to give birth so I don’t want to drive her to the vet in case it stresses her too much.
I noticed she has 2 different coloured eyes, 1 looks brown and healthy, the other eye is half green half blue and the pupil looks damaged. It looked like this when I got her 2 weeks ago.
Today she won’t open the green/blue eye and it’s very weepy. I don’t know what to do, I’m scared for her.
I don’t want to stress her by taking her in the car she’s a very nervous bunny and this is her first litter. 😣😣
Please help!!
Her pupil is black, the white is just light reflecting
C4BA0DC3-6C66-47EE-BDD7-0BA8481BE57E.jpeg

There does appear to be a white spot on the pupil though, that isn't just reflected light. Is this correct and what you meant by the pupil being damaged?

There does appear to be a white spot on the pupil though, that isn't just reflected light. Is this correct and what you meant by the pupil being damaged?
I had a lot of lights on when taking that photo. There’s no white on the pupil that I know of. The pupil isn’t fully circular and the iris colour is leaking into parts of the pupil. It also doesn’t dilate as much as the other eye. I’m worried for her and don’t want her to be in pain.
I’m also worried if it’s a genetic issue or a parasite it could be passed onto her babies too

It could just be some debris in the eye causing some irritation. I will usually try flushing the eye with a sterile ophthalmic saline like natural tears. But if after doing that, and the eye isn't any better tomorrow then I would take her in.

Latest posts

Back