Please advice! Rabbit started peeing on bed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mahid

Reaction score
My bunny who is 7 months old now has been really good with his litter habits since I brought him home. He wouldn't pee or poo anywhere other than his litter tray ever. He has been neutered 6 weeks back and fully recovered. He loves to sleep on our bed most of the time and until now he has been really well behaved. Yesterday he peed on the quilt first time. I changed the quilt and put a new one. This morning I notice he has again peed on the quilt.
I can't keep him outside the bedroom because I have a second bunny who is one year old (neutered) and they had a fight one day before the younger one was neutered and haven't got along since. The older one will not tolerate his presence in the living room at all so I have to keep him in the bedroom.
Is there a way I can get him to stop peeing on the bed?

You can have a litter box or cover the bed with a fleece blanket that smells like your bunny. Otherwise section off the bed from your bunny and your bed will be safe ☺️

You can have a litter box or cover the bed with a fleece blanket that smells like your bunny. Otherwise section off the bed from your bunny and your bed will be safe ☺
I was thinking of covering the blanket with fleece. will it keep the pee from getting to my quilt?
I can't section off my bed. he loves it. He is upset about not being able to go in the living room because the older one is mad at him. he has been such a good boy, only going in his litter. he was litter trained in a day when I brought him home. this is so new and surprising that he started peeing yesterday on the bed.
But I am going to try cover the blanket with fleece. Thanks for the advice :)

I wouldn't say that fleece would prevent it completely on getting to your quilt, but it'll help save most of your quilt. I've laid a ton of blankets in my corner before and yet somehow, my rabbit still managed to pee on the very bottom fabric lol.

I originally allowed my rabbit to hop onto my bed for cuddles, but after a few accidents, I said no more. I figured out that every time I had to trim her nails, she would get on the bed to poop and pee on it as revenge for having to trim her nails. Nowadays, she doesn't come onto the bed anymore.

Try waterproof mattress protector if you want to protect your bed. Sadly that is the only suggestion that i can give 😁
Tried everything to stop my rabbit from peeing in bed, but she still does.

It's a very common problem and there is no easy solution other than to prevent access to the bed, at least for a couple of months, and hope he's forgotten about this habit by then.

I read a story like that online, except that this bunny started peeing on the couch. He did it twice. The second time, he was caught in the act, which was good. The bunny owner told him "no!", picked him up, and locked him in his cage while he got cleaning stuff and paper towels, and cleaned up the pee. The owner felt bad all the while he was cleaning up the couch, because he could hear his rabbit throwing a fit trying to get out of the cage. He stayed in his cage for about 1/2 hour.
Anyhow, according to his owner, he NEVER DID IT AGAIN.

I read a story like that online, except that this bunny started peeing on the couch. He did it twice. The second time, he was caught in the act, which was good. The bunny owner told him "no!", picked him up, and locked him in his cage while he got cleaning stuff and paper towels, and cleaned up the pee. The owner felt bad all the while he was cleaning up the couch, because he could hear his rabbit throwing a fit trying to get out of the cage. He stayed in his cage for about 1/2 hour.
Anyhow, according to his owner, he NEVER DID IT AGAIN.

Tried that many times and my rabbit just chills in the cage like she doesn't care 😁

Aww, that's too bad. thought it might work. The post I read has a pic of a nice looking young guy w/brown hair and a big brown bunny on his shoulders. I think it is one of the House Rabbit blogs.

Aww, that's too bad. thought it might work. The post I read has a pic of a nice looking young guy w/brown hair and a big brown bunny on his shoulders. I think it is one of the House Rabbit blogs.

I read it somewhere as well, that's why i tried it. But as all rabbits are different, maybe for some it works and for some don't.
I just think that my rabbit is really difficult 😅

I’ve done that where I placed her in her hutch after the accident. Does she learn from it? Sure. But when she’s pissed at me, she doesn’t care. It’s revenge for her whenever I trim her nails so now whenever I do have to cut them, I never let her go on the bed lol. I’ll wait a few days before letting her hop back on.

Latest posts

Back