Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aggeliki

Reaction score
So I got a new playpen for my dwarf-ish bunny and I let him 5-6 hours a day in my room outside the playpen. The playpen is 60x60 cm don't have a big room so....yeah. The problem is he keeps biting the wires and he can actually move the playpen itself. I'm just really scared every time I hear the playpen banging on the floor I get scared and run to the room to see if he is okay or he has escaped

Well, some rabbits have a hard time understanding that they can not go where they want, once they know they can go there at times. That pen is pretty small, pretty much just a lookout to see where he wants to go, no place for things to occupy him, like cardboard boxes or tree branches. The times you let him out don't seem to match the times when he has the urge to be active.

I would consider using that pen to block the door of the room, and bunnyproof the room, like covering the cables, or protecting them with those plasic spiral protectors. It helps a lot if the cables are not hanging free, but are secured to a wall, desk leg, or corner. Or making a bigger pen where you can arrange things so he doesn't get bored, but with a small room it might be easier to just let him have all of it.

I covered pretty much of my house in rag carpets and cardboard now, works fine.

Latest posts

Back