Play pen

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunBun71

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I was Wondering where I could get a pretty cheap play pen for my rabbit?
It would be very helpful if you could. help me out....:) BunBun's area is a little smaller than I would like right now so that's why I want to know.

You can use an x pen from chewy i think i might have gotten mine for 28 I’ll have to check not including shipping. The one I have is a step through so it’s easier for me to get in instead of jumping over :) i think all together was 32-35

Yes, I checked amazon a while back they were a bit more than chewy if I remember. They might have new products out there.

I got Theo's for $5 at a yard sale. I know nobody is going to have a yard sale right now, due to the coronavirus, but lots of people are cleaning out garages, attics, and sheds. I would drive around and see if there are any playpens on the side of the road. Where I live people will put out a pile of stuff for anyone to grab. You can also look on Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace.

Great idea I’m not sure if you have offer up they got good deals sometimes too. People sell and trade things on there.

Hello everyone,
I was Wondering where I could get a pretty cheap play pen for my rabbit?
It would be very helpful if you could. help me out....:) BunBun's area is a little smaller than I would like right now so that's why I want to know.

i was going to get an xpen from amazon. there are different sizes. i think the 40in tall one is 40. you can take it apart and use it us a fence too! some of them have doors

There's also the option of using C&C panels to put one together if the pens available don't meet your space requirements :) I think you can get them on Amazon for a reasonable price :)

I would look to get a run rather than a pen, unless you are willing to take it inside or fold it up every day. Even then, a covered run will protect him from predators (like hawks or red kites) too. But it is more expensive than an xpen. It is possible that you can find one online second hand though. An xpen or play pen will work, but you would need to put it away.

I would look to get a run rather than a pen, unless you are willing to take it inside or fold it up every day. Even then, a covered run will protect him from predators (like hawks or red kites) too. But it is more expensive than an xpen. It is possible that you can find one online second hand though. An xpen or play pen will work, but you would need to put it away.

you can buy an x pen and most companys offer covers for it! i think aroud 20 dollars maybe

If you use an exercise pen outside (even with a cover) you must be outside with the rabbit every second that your rabbit is in it. An exercise pen won't protect from any predators even with the cover. They are only fine to use outdoors for when you can sit outside nearby and keep a close eye.

If you are looking for a permanent larger area for exercise, a safe run could be built for probably the same price as an exercise pen. Metal hardware mesh and 2 x 4 s can make a safe run with sturdy sides, roof, even floor.

I would look to get a run rather than a pen, unless you are willing to take it inside or fold it up every day. Even then, a covered run will protect him from;) predators (like hawks or red kites) too. But it is more expensive than an xpen. It is possible that you can find one online second hand though. An xpen or play pen will work, but you would need to put it away.
Putting it a way might be easy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back