Places to post baby bunnies for sale?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoonMama

Reaction score
Hello!
We have 5 baby Holland Lop bunnies to sell and we placed a Craigslist ad. Does anyone recommend posting somewhere else as well? Thanks for any ideas!

Attachments

• A2752884-145D-4A86-9D15-5A1DE298A39F.jpeg
    A2752884-145D-4A86-9D15-5A1DE298A39F.jpeg
    222.7 KB · Views: 5
I would remove them from Craigslist because rabbits sold on Craigslist have a high chance of becoming snake food. I would suggest talking to family and friends so you know where the bunnies will be going. You could also post pictures on social media, but that is still a little risky. How much are you charging for them? Any rabbit sold for $20 or less will probably not go to a good home.

I would remove them from Craigslist because rabbits sold on Craigslist have a high chance of becoming snake food. I would suggest talking to family and friends so you know where the bunnies will be going. You could also post pictures on social media, but that is still a little risky. How much are you charging for them? Any rabbit sold for $20 or less will probably not go to a good home.
Thank you for this feedback! We are charging $40. I have been spreading the word. Gosh, we bought our Holland lips from Craigslist so I thought it would be okay.

Selling them for $40 is a great price if you do still want to sell on Craigslist. Just make sure to ask the new owner lots of questions before selling them the rabbit. Questions such as: have they owned rabbits before (how long did the rabbits live), what should you feed a rabbit, do rabbits like being held, are rabbits easy pets, what is the best housing for rabbits, how much room does a rabbit need, do rabbits need to go to the vet (how often), do they have other animals, etc.

Selling them for $40 is a great price if you do still want to sell on Craigslist. Just make sure to ask the new owner lots of questions before selling them the rabbit. Questions such as: have they owned rabbits before (how long did the rabbits live), what should you feed a rabbit, do rabbits like being held, are rabbits easy pets, what is the best housing for rabbits, how much room does a rabbit need, do rabbits need to go to the vet (how often), do they have other animals, etc.
Ok this is a great list of questions! Thank you so much.

Why not craiglist, at 40$ they are no snake food. I guess lots of breeders will offer culls for less.

Here, when laws changed and private persons were not allowed to sell dogs on similiar platforms anymore those sites simply canceled all animal sales for private citizens (you still can if commercial), after eliminating any alternative in the past decade, since then I've seen a lot of rabbits go into the woods as fox food. I used to sell the best 20-30% of my kits, that's over, they almost all go to the freezer now. What a shame, it really hurts, I know there are people out there looking for stock like this.
Use whatever channel is available to you.

Thanks everyone! We found homes for two of our 5. Still have three left. I feel silly that I assumed it would be easy to find homes for these buns. Hopefully it will all work out!

Latest posts

Back