Placement??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bridget

Reaction score
Hey everyone I have a baby lop I was wondering if it would be ok if she stayed in her own room? She stays in my bedroom right now but it's getting to crowded. I just don't want her getting lonely since she loves all the attention

if you mean a bunny proofed room where she will be able to run around most of the day and where you'll come to see her often, yeah it's OK. But in that case, the best for her would probably getting her a neutered male after spaying her. Rabbits do better in pair as they naturally live with other rabbits and are not animals you can really take outside with you, like a dog, so they spend a lot of time alone which is probably very boring for them.

If there's a way to keep her with you, that would be best -- most especially since she's single. And if she's a baby, it may be awhile before she can be spayed even if you were considering getting her a bondmate.

If you do have a spare room for her, and you do plan on bonding her, I would definitely keep her out of that spare room for now. It may make the perfect neutral space for the bonding process. Females can be especially territorial, so you don't want her to claim that area as hers or it can make the bonding more difficult (or impossible).

Remember that when she is in your room with you, even if she isn't getting direct attention, just having you nearby is comforting in a bunny's eyes. Bonded rabbits often sit apart but nearby each other and are content being near each other. Same works with you. Having you nearby is much better than isolated by herself.

Latest posts

Back