Pippi, the Rambunctious Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings all. :) I'm not sure where I'm going wrong or if my Pippi is just temperamental, or what, but perhaps someone has an explanation.

My boyfriend Adam and I live together and we have a Holland Lop, Pippi. We got her in October after my dog of 12 years died, and we had her spayed in December. Pippi lives in a decent sized cage, she litter trained herself in about a day or so, and she gets free range of our rather large living room as long as she wants, until she puts herself back in her cage. She gets fresh veggies every day, all the hay she could want, and grass from our yard (pesticide free, of course). For a rabbit, she has a pretty great thing going for her.

Pippi absolutely loves Adam. When she's hopping free, she'll climb around on him, or hop over him like an obstacle course, and let him pet her. Every once in a while, she'll nose Bonk me, or nudge me, but lately she's been rather... temperamental.

My friend MK came to visit last week. Pippi met her once, and hopped away from her immediately, but this time, let MK hold and pet her for around 20 minutes. I found that rather unusual, as Pippi isn't typically that sociable. Over the last few days, Pippi has gotten really... snappy. Usually she'll let me at least stroke her head, but yesterday, she was mainly interested in lunging at me, and biting me.

She is in the middle of a major molting cycle, could that be it? Whenever I sit with her on my lap and help pluck off the loose fur so she doesn't eat it, she'll tolerate it for like 15 minutes, then she starts digging and biting at the blanket I keep on my legs. Am I really bothering her that much? I'm just trying to help.. I usually do this every few days so I don't get too bothersome, but so far, I've already collected half a grocery bag of shredded fur. Who knew a little four pound rabbit could hold that much fur? Lol..

Latest posts

Back