Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUNBUNANDC

Reaction score
Henlo
My rabbit (6mo old) always has some type of digestion problem, but for the past few days I noticed he would occasionally get a really watery kind of poop, not diarrhea, like a very thin light brown liquid, but then the poop would go back to normal so I wasn’t worried.
But today, he left a bunch of poops in his cage after eating, and I looked at it and saw white worms, moving on the poop. I picked it up (using protection lol) and threw it away. Immediately after he left some more poop, that looked normal (previous bunch looked like they were covered in liquid) and no worms. Same thing now. Is this normal? For him to only have worms once and then nothing?? I’m taking him to the vet anyway but just wanna make sure I’m not doing it for nothing first.
Forgot to mention!
We don’t have other pets, and he never leaves the house (we only have a balcony, no garden) so idk how he got them
THANK U IN ADVANCE!

Yes, it's normal to see the worms sometimes and not other times, but it still means he has worms in there. For pinworms, that is usually treated with fenbendazole 20mg/kg, one dose then repeat in 10-14 days, but there is some indication this may not be effective enough. So I prefer to give the 5 day treatment 20mg/kg each day, followed by one more dose 10 days after the 5th dose.
http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/GI_diseases/Parasitic_diseases/Pass/Pass_en.htm

It's very possible the worms are the cause of his ongoing digestive troubles, and once he receives treatment it's likely the digestive problems will clear up.

Latest posts

Back