pinworm!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubagirl68

Reaction score
I found out the other day that my rabbit has pinworm, and I'm getting the treatment tommorow. I know thisn't a serious problem, although it might affect her nutrition. However, I think I saw some on the worms in her towel and in my bed!! I fear that the worms may be everywhere (in the carpet etc) that my rabbit goes, and I have no clue how to go about ensuring they are all gone, as I don't want her to get re-infected once I treat her. Does anyone know the extent to which the worms will leave the rabbit (ex. the carpet?) and how long they live off the rabbit. Also, what should I do about her toys (I have a grass hut thing) as they might have the worms in them too, do I have to get rid of these things?

I would start regular treatments since pinworms are very difficult to eradicate and the eggs remain viable for long periods of time off the rabbit. One treatment will not completely cure the infestation.

The rabbit species of pinworms are not transmissible to man.

Pam

Latest posts

Back