Pink skin around my bunny’s scent glands

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The other day when I was cleaning my rabbits sent glands I moved the skin around the scent glands and there was no fur and the skin was slightly pink. I don’t think I’ve ever done this before with my rabbit while cleaning their scent glands. She is a real healthy rabbit. She has been eating and drinking normal. I’m just wondering if this is something that I should be concerned about, or is this normal or is this something that I should take to my vet?

That doesn't sound like too big of a deal to me. Is she spayed? It doesn't sound inflamed or uncomfortable and if she's eating, pooping, and behaving normally it's not bothering her. Maybe add it to the list of questions you have for your vet at the next annual visit and keep an eye on it for future changes. Any chance you can post a picture of what you saw on here?

My bunny has light pink skin there, it has not been a concern. If the skin is dark pink, inflamed or really hot then I would be worried. Bunny may be perfectly fine.

That doesn't sound like too big of a deal to me. Is she spayed? It doesn't sound inflamed or uncomfortable and if she's eating, pooping, and behaving normally it's not bothering her. Maybe add it to the list of questions you have for your vet at the next annual visit and keep an eye on it for future changes. Any chance you can post a picture of what you saw on here?

She is spayed.The area doesn’t feel any warmer then the rest of her body, but I will post an image today. Thank you.

Myself have never owened a spayed doe, but is the patch of lost fur totally new, do she seem to groom herself more than she often do? Can you see any danderdruff ? Is your girl molting?

If I go after my bucks I would say not normal and my previous doe didn't have any patch of missed fur at that place. The only time I have noticed missed fur is during my boys heavy molting.

Is the patch on both sides? I had a lady rabbit with very similar patches of missing fur and it was just the way she was.

Latest posts

Back