PineSol and Rabbit cages/litterboxes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovetegocalderon

Reaction score
Hi, its me Danielle. I'm so happy Ifound this site! I'll be posting all the time now.Anyways, I was wondering, is it okay to clean my rabbit cage and litterboxes with pinesol? It smells so good and really kills anynasty smells from my rabbits but I want to make sure its safe, pleaselet me know, thanks!

Most of us prefer not to use commercialcleaners- the fumes and chemicals can be bad for bunnies.I've found that vinegar works really well for cleaning up animal stainsand odors. That's what I use to wipe down cage floors, litterboxes, and carpet stains.

naturestee wrote:
Most of us prefer not to use commercial cleaners- the fumesand chemicals can be bad for bunnies. I've found that vinegarworks really well for cleaning up animal stains and odors.That's what I use to wipe down cage floors, litter boxes, and carpetstains.

Ditto!

I use white vinegar to disinfect and deodorize all the bunnies' stuff.Afterword's, I use Dawn dishsoap to wash and then rinse everythingthoroughly.

~Jim

ilovetegocalderon wrote:
Thanks, I'll pick up some white vinegar tonight.
Good form!!

I use 50/50 water & white vinegar in a spray bottle for general cleaning....straight vinegar for tough jobs.

It works good for pee accidents on the carpet, too. I've even used it on wood with good results.

~Jim

Latest posts

Back