Pimple?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

la~la~land

Reaction score
Hey there!
I was checking over everyone yesterday and noticed that my buck has a small white pimple near his genitals. Hes been eating, drinking, pooping fine, and there is no discharge from anywhere. What could this be? Just a random blemish or something worse?

Here's some info I found regarding pimples and bunnies.

Bunnies sometimes get small "pimples" on their privates because of a clogged sebaceous gland. The white matter inside is usually just a bit of fatty sebum, sometimes with a bit of bacteria. These are harmless, and should be left alone unless they get big and inflamed. If this happens, then a good rabbit vet should take over and treat the problem so that it doesn't become a serious risk

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Rabbits-703/2010/7/Pimple-1.htm

K:)

If it's not a scent gland, then it's probably a cyst, I would say. It's probably benign, but a needle biopsy would give you peace of mind by confirming this.

A needle biopsy is done in humans too. You take a seringe and poke the "pimple" to see what it has in it. The fluid is usually sent for testing. I'm assuming its the same for rabbits

Agree with Karens info. If it looks like this:

100_0018.jpg

One of my Britannia Petite bucks got this and I was going to post about it but I had gotten busy and it went away within a week or two. If it doesn't look inflammed or get bigger then leave it alone and it will go away on its own. No need for a biopsy or cytology, a vet would have to perform these and its basically poking it with a needle and aspirating the cells onto a slide for identification under a microscope.

Latest posts

Back